Hobark International Limited (HIL) is an Integrated Services Company whose subsidiaries: DrillPet International Limited (DIL), Uniterm Nigeria Limited (UNL), UltiProc Nigeria Limited (UPNL), Hobark Consultant Management Services (HCMS) and Gigasec- provide Manpower Services & Logistics Support, Drilling Operations and Consultancy Services, On/OffShore Catering Services, Drilling Rigs & Drilling Bits and Procurement Services to the Oil & Gas Industry. IP security services
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding offshore logistics service provider company in the Lagos Nigeria. They have a current opening for a suitably qualified and experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day project management and delivery of a 25MW dual-fuel Power Plant with MAN engines medium speed which will be run off LNG Gas/Diesel which is being developed at their base.
They are looking for someone who has Nigerian Regional working experience: in depth understanding and experience on Nigerian permit processes to implement Power Plant projects, and thorough knowledge of project management regulations, guidelines and relevant standards who has a keen commercial acumen and proven effectiveness in the optimisation of quality versus time versus cost.
You must have broad experience in Power Plant development and management, particularly in challenging geotechnical locations, and will be comfortable applying professional project management methodology and best practices.
You will be responsible for identifying all personnel requirements, project and construction scheduling, sub-contracting (including monitoring and reporting on the performance of subcontractors), site supervision, cost estimation and budget, and documentation services for site works and subcontracts. The scope of responsibilities is outlined in further detail below.
The role requires holistic insight, expert knowledge, innovativeness, and an ability to work seamlessly with all project participants. Instantaneous problem solving skills, as well as excellent communication skills, are essential aspects of the PM’s daily work.
Experience & Education
• The ideal candidate will be qualified to degree level or relevant experience in Power Generation (electrical preferred)
• Be a member of a professional accreditation appropriate to the business
• Have experience in power generation for a minimum of 10 years
• Have worked in Nigeria or Africa previously
• Hold IOSH working and managing safely certification
• NEBOSH in construction management
• Previous experience operating and managing power plants
• A proven track record of project delivery in the power sector
Project governance, organisation and resources
Clear and robust project governance arrangements are essential to the project’s success. PM will advise on and implement appropriate governance arrangements for the project.
Project planning, control and coordination
Project success requires the creation of a suitable project execution and schedule plan, communication of that plan to all participants and stakeholders and ensuring the plan is executed. This plan is owned by the PM and prepared in conjunction with project participants and in consultation with stakeholders.
This project execution plan must include reports of project status and key indicators as well as good allocation of time/budget to the various activities in the Work Breakdown Structure. It must also ensure at all times availability of necessary resources
Cost and risk management
It is essential that a realistic assessment of all the factors that can affect the project’s economic performance is made, as well as analysing the risks to delivery in line with techno-economic assumptions.
Further, any risks to completion in line with the economic assumptions must be managed.
It is essential that the plant, once up and running, performs in line with expectations.
Permit and licensing management
Successful realisation of a project requires the support of a range of stakeholders, many of whom have no role in the project governance structure or in the project execution plan. Such external stakeholders might include national and local government bodies, regulatory agencies, labour or trade unions, and the media.
go to method of application »
Overall Operational Management Of Company’s Logistics And Engineering Base Including But Not Limited To
- Planning strategic direction of the company and its service offering
- Provision of Logistics Services including management of:-
- Shared services amongst clients
- Harbour/quay activities
- Ship and rig repair
- Offloading and loading of cargo / personnel from vessels and helicopters
- Reconciliation of bulk supply to vessels and offshore facilities
- Open and under cover storage facilities + Stock and materials control
- Hazardous and non-hazardous Waste
- Maintenance of plant and equipment
- Selection and management of sub-contractors
- Liaising with and marketing to current and potential clients
- Prepare operational business reports including historical data and forecasts for quay wall and other facilities and services utilization, for the Department and to be presented to other Department Heads
- Generation of new business lines
- Base Administrative and Corporate Governance set-up
- Negotiation, signing and Management of client Contracts
- Compile monthly budgets
- Cost control and income monitoring
- Educate and inform staff on the Company’s mission, vision, ethics, policies and procedures
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives
- Analyse training needs on an on-going basis and design new employee development, language training and general health and safety programs when necessary (with the assistance of the HR and HSE Managers)
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants to be considered
- Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine performance and optimal future direction of the Department
- Merit assessment of own staff and piers
- Departmental staff training and motivation
INVENTORY AND SUPPLIES
- Oversee Management of Departmental supplies and inventory
- Train staff to monitor the use of the inventory and send the required forms to the accountants and auditors in line with Company policies and procedures
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS
- Establish and maintain job descriptions for own staff
- Compile monthly budgets for the Department
- Cost control and income monitoring
- Petty cash management
- Maintain, improve and implement Policies and procedures
SELECTION OF SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS
- Employee will select suppliers and partners based on objective assessment of the Department’s requirements and the suppliers’ capabilities. The most suitable supplier/partner will be selected based on a transparent bid process, where possible
- Tenders and selection of suppliers/partners will be analysed by the Employee and Finance Team
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Ensure that all work performed is in line with laid down policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure that all QHSE legislation is adhered to;
- Reporting of all incidents and accidents in line with procedures
- The Employee may also be required to perform duties not directly related to their area of experience or expertise, in which case proper instruction will be provided by the Company
- Ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all activities
Conduct himself/herself in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects well on the Employer and also sets an example for the other employeesQualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Engineering.
- Preference will be given to candidates with MBAs
- Grades – we will want to know what grades the candidate got in all their qualifications, including school
Preference will be given to Candidates that
- Can speak a second language
- Have experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry, working with multinational companies / clients
- Have experienced setting up and running training schools
- Have worked in multinational organisations etc...
The candidate’s experience and academic record are paramount but it would be preferable if the candidate has international experienceExperience
- Minimum 10 yrs in the offshore oil and gas support/logistics environment
- Good experience in contract administration
- Good knowledge of marine and aviation matters
- Good knowledge of logistics scheduling and planning
- Good knowledge of International Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
- Experience with international shipping tendering, marketing and administration
- Good experience in financial management
- Computer literate
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Good people management skills
- Strong Leadership and Mentoring Skills
- Able to interact and negotiate with Senior Managers in multinational companies
- Able to enforce best practice in the Company through encouragement and zero tolerance
- Team player
- Familiar with Nigerian / African
Method of Application
Use links below to apply on Hobark's career website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale