iDEA (Information Technology Developers Entrepreneurship Accelerator) provides essential support to entrepreneurs to build software skills, solutions and businesses critical to their success. Entrepreneurs accepted into iDEA Centres receive support in the way of physical work space, shared facilities, training, mentoring and access to capital.
We are now accepting applications into IDEA Nigeria's Lagos and Calabar Centers!
The iDEA mantra is companies not code. We take talented individuals and help them become founders, helping them build teams, develop their ideas and then accelerate their growth as well as help them raise money. We support business development through training, coaching, mentorship and goal setting. The Operations Manager (OM) plays the critical role in the execution of programs adn activities at the Centre. This is a high energy, high visibility role that requires extreme attention to detail. The OM must have passion for and belief in the startup and entrepreneurial community.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Managing entrepreneur support activities including: Entrepreneur intake and coordination of mentor assignments, dashboard data collection and ensure that elements of the coaching and mentoring program are implemented. Delivering startup programmes, hackathons, bootcamps, seminars and other innovation programmes
- Manage the Mentoring Program operations including: Identify and recruit potential mentors, manage Mentor intake process, orientation and communications
- Source and manage delivery partners whether it be trainers, speakers, mentors, event sponsors etc.
- Create client materials, including proposals, materials capturing outcomes of workshops, etc.
- Be involved in formulating the value proposition of iDEA and designing new ways to engage with our clients more efficiently
- Manage internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria.
- Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad centre goals and objectives.
- Give voice to the Centre– overseeing our channels of communication including through our website, email newsletter and social media.
- 3-5 years experience in project management, business development and/or operations management
- A passion for startups, technology, entrepreneurship and community building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, creative and able to work independently with limited management supervision
- Diligent, thorough and with great attention to detail
- A passion for working with clients and making sure every single interaction is beyond their expectations.
- Organised and used to working under pressure, fast thinking and problem solving.
- Using social media tools– specifically Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- A Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum requirement
- Good interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit iDEA's post on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale