International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers.
The following describes the working environment of the role:
- Applies conceptual knowledge of basic professional HR processes to execute HR programs.
- Demonstrates appropriate skills and competencies for this position.
- Communication/Negotiation: Works with team members or assists others in advising HR professionals and management on underlying principles of HR programs.
- Engages in decisions and problem analysis with other professionals to clarify their HR needs and translates them into alternative courses of action.
- Recognizes problems relative to the execution of HR programs and provides feedback to program owners for resolution.
- May offer alternatives for resolution.
- Performs root cause analysis of recurring problems related to programs administered on day to day basis.
- Recognizes program elements that need improvement
Normal/flexible office conditions, may be exposed to irregular work hours.
- Works on projects requiring theoretical understanding of HR issues.
- Projects are reviewed by more senior members of team for increased program understanding and ability to articulate programs and rationale to HR management.
- Understands the mission of the HR team to which the incumbent is assigned.
- May directly influence people in own team to effect process improvements.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Accountable for accuracy of information provided to other HR professionals and management on standard HR programs. Accountable for accurate and timely execution of HR programs (i.e., salary planning, Personal Business Commitments, benefit enrollments, etc.).
- Performs activities such as data gathering and analysis and report preparation that impact business results and satisfy the needs of other HR professionals.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise none
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience none
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit IBM's Job Post on Taleo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.