Graduate Accountants at Management Sciences for Health (MSH) - Multiple Positions
Posted on: 7 December, 2015
Deadline: 18 December, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Reports To: Finance Manager
- The Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately the U.S. Government or other donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
- The Accountant is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Accountant is aware of, and adheres to, MSH's procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash,
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the MSH account.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,…)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting. Experience with U.S. government projects helpful, but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software.
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks).
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial "common sense".
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management and Bank Reconciliation.
- Understands the principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit MSH Career Page on ICIMS
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Humanitarian Nutrition Adviser at Save the Children Nigeria
- Business Development Advisor at Plan International
- Procurement/Logistics Officer at Helen Keller International
- Helper (Cook) at the the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Job Vacancies at Neem Foundation
- Executive Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Opportunities at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Programme Officer (Francophone) at Centre For Democracy & Development (CDD)