Guinness Nigeria Plc - We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Type of Job: Employee
Reports to: Head of Marketing, Spirits and RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
- We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness.
- The vision for Smirnoff is to be the number 1 brand for 18 -24 year old globally in release. Your responsibility will be building the brand in the pivotal stages of development and ensuring it is a sustainable, high volume growth business.
We are looking for someone who;
- Knows and loves the brands. Able to influence and inspire diverse groups of people to listen to and act.
- Holds self and others accountable for the highest standards. Drives change, works hard, and ruthlessly prioritize whilst taking care to build great relationships.
- Treats the business as if it is truly their own - passionate about leaving a legacy to be worthy of that of our founders
Role and Accountabilities
- To take a lead role in the design and implementation of Brand strategies in order to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume objectives on the brand/category
- Accountable for delivery of the annual operating plan for the brand
- Develop and seamlessly execute the annual brand plans ensuring plans are grounded on deep market and consumer insight and are in-line with Diageo global standards.
- Deliver brand strategy & advertising communication founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer to achieve agreed brand health targets.
- To deliver robust Measurement and Evaluation for all projects and effectively use search and spin.
- Consistently deliver great performance - You are committed to drive positive change in business performance. You are results driven and stop at nothing to ensure you deliver high quality results consistently.
- You have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Find Solutions - With a deep understanding of the business, you are able to use imagination when finding solutions and perusing breakthrough opportunities for the brand/ portfolio.
- You think in the future, anticipating trends and opportunities but have pace in your ability to translate ideas into scalable, actionable plans that drive change.
- Grow Yourself - committed to the development of self and others
- Strategic penetration -Uses analytical skill to quickly identify the key issues and optimal growth drivers. Ensures insights are always at the heart of the plan.
- Motivating cross functional teams and agencies -Constantly strives to build great productive relationships by breaking down barriers to performance
- Marketing judgement-balances instinct with rational logic to evaluate creative work and is increasingly using technical expertise to just a creative idea.
- Commerciality - Demonstrates complete understanding of budgeting, pricing and cost management and bottom line. Fully understands sales team priorities and understands and tracks performance. .
- Brilliant Execution - Can manage multiple projects and works to aggressive time scales within budget. Manages project complexity and insists on high implementation standards.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3-4 years)
- Developing level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities as identified in the capabilities above.
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgment & acumen.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Strong experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Guinness Career Page on BrassRing
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.