Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 1024275
Business Unit/Line: Global Established Pharma
Department: Africa, Middle East Region
Reports To Position Title: Regional Lead, GEP AfME
DATE: October 2015
Global Job Level GJL 110
- To lead the NEAR Global Established Pharamceutical Business Unit, and as Country Manager to represent Pfizer before the country healthcare environment and lead the Country Management Forum
- To drive performance of the GEP portfolio across the markets and represent the interest of the GEP BU at the market leadership level
- To represent interests of the NEAR markets as a member of the GEP AfME Leadership Team, and participate actively in the best interest of the region overall
- Conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in accordance with Company policies and SOPs, Pfizer Values, anti corruption principles (MAPP) and global regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environment guidelines, as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate face-of Pfizer representation at market level within NEAR cluster for country healthcare environment issues management, market access negotiation for portfolio as a whole and representative of Pfizer. Pricing for specific products is the responsibility of the BU Lead, but the Country Manager represents Pfizer for negotiations that span the portfolio when there are cross-BU implications.
- Define go-to-market model and partners for markets within NEAR cluster and own primary relationship with such partners
- Pfizer value proposition to government, large institutions and payers
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities, compliance management and relationship with pharma association
- Lead the Country Management Forum
- Identify and represent the service level needs of the country to the enabling functions. Identify priorities with the platform functions.
- Ensure all business are served effectively by the shared functions, and coordinate key field force agreements, where required
- Lead the roll-out of regional/global initiatives, communication and policies.
Operational and Financial Performance:
- Optimize the in-country portfolio of the GEP BU, and manages daily operations of the business
- Maximize revenue and IBT performance through rigorous management of the P&L and in alignment with goals.
- Manage expenses and investments according to plan goals.
- Monitor performance of the business and implement course-correcting actions in agreement with the regional management team
- Work with above country BU teams to provide strategic / brand / operating plans. Develop understanding of Pfizer Inc and BU strategies and how they specifically relate to the country.
- Participate in the Country Management Forum with a One Pfizer mindset to optimize results for Pfizer.
- Develop and execute innovative business strategies/models to maximize revenue, market share, and income growth.
- Busines strategy should reflect the respective opportunities at market level within the NEAR markets
- Maximize lifecycle product performance through excellence in aligned and innovative planning and execution.
- Invest and leverage the base business to ensure sustainable contribution to Pfizer Inc.
- Identify and exploit market specific opportunities to grow revenue and income.
- Evaluate , develop and execute continuous development of new go-to-market strategies realising full MCM & digital potential
- Drive execution of customer strategies and tactics based on segmentation and insight
- Develop and lead integrated cross functional customer facing teams appropriate to the market needs
- Personal ownership of key stakeholder relationships.
People and Leadership:
- Support the continual building of the OWNIT and GEP Culture within the BU and across the organization
- Engage and develop colleagues across BUs, markets and functions.
- Lead, organise and coach a high performing team to develop colleagues in line with the Pfizer competency model.
- As the go-to-market model evolves make sure that the organizational capabilities & structure fit the needs
- Build and actively manage a pipeline of succession talent
- Upholding and modeling Pfizer values, promoting and supporting a One-Pfizer approach along with visible and inspirational leadership
- Ensure high standards of Compliance to norms, policies, and procedures.
- The position will work closely with GEP leadership (region, gobal), Country Management Forum, Pfizer Global Supply , matrix enabling and platform leaders, external alliances, Global functions with an interest in Africa (eg Philanthropy), supporting platform functions and leaders.
- Indicate the Average Budget or Revenue accountability, as applicable.
- 60 Million USD (approximate revenues for 2015).
- Indicate the typical number of Colleagues managed. Include direct & indirect reports, matrix responsibility and or additional resources (i.e. contingent workers), as applicable.
- GEP Colleagues: 100(approx.)
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree is a must, with MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Pharmaceutical and broader healthcare business knowledge including the Generic industry
- Experience of working with sub-Sahara / NEAR markets required
- Deep understanding of P&L
- Demonstrated commercial success with experience managing a sizable business
- Proven effectiveness to manage large and complex portfolios requiring innovative diverse business strategies
- Significant and successful people management and talent development experience
- Experience and understanding of working with in partnership with Supply organization.
- Change leader with tenacity and persistence to drive mind-set/behavior change
- Highly effective people management skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship mindset, accountability, agility, overcoming obstacles and focus on action and implementation in line with Pfizer Cultural Traits
- Demonstrated track record of producing outstanding results as a leader of teams and/or organizations (in a functional group or commercial operations)
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Demonstrated effective communication skills ; both oral and written
- Demonstrated record of sound judgment and intelligent decision-making. Strong analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates and models the Pfizer values
- Conflict resolution and strong negotiation skills to achieve win-win resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively across all organizational levels
- Ability to get things done in complex matrix organizations
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Technical Skills Requirements
Pfizer Senior Leader Competencies:
- Managing in a matrix
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Commercial and marketing acumen and skills (e.g., negotiating skills, sales force management, etc.)
- Analytical thinking
- Managing complexity (across brands, markets, functions, cultures)
- Building and leading high performance teams
- Considered risk understanding / taking
- Enterprise leader mentality.
Physical Position Requirements
- The position will require moderate to high travel across NEAR markets
- The position will require short term travel within the region and occasional travel to New York and other regions.
Additional Offer Details:
- Relocation Package Available.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Pfizer's Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale