Jobs at Joint Initiative for Development (JID)
Posted on: 6 December, 2015
Deadline: 11 December, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Joint Initiative for Development
Joint Initiative for Development (JID) is a Non-profit, youth-led and focused organization run by young people between the ages of 18 and 35years old. The organization is duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a Non Governmental Organization.
Purpose of the Position
- The Administration Officer is responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet JID’s requirements and support its operations.
- The Administration Officer reports to the Executive Director of the company and is responsible for assisting with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls supervising the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and managing office operations.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the municipal finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys
- Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Perform other related duties as required
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Organisational skills
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
- High proficiency in computer and internet use including Microsoft Office.
Qualifications / Required Education
- B.Sc. In any related field
- Desired Experience: minimum 1 year
go to method of application »
- To develop, manage and implement integrated media plans to ensure relevant media opportunities are fully maximized for JID including support to internal teams with communications and media guidance.
- To keep effective contact with relevant media contacts, ensuring positive and collaborative relationships are maintained.
- Establish positive associations with the public and mass media on behalf of their clients. Employers may include businesses, non-profits, government agencies and individuals.
- Draft and send press releases that contain important updates about their clients to print and broadcast media outlets.
- Handle incoming requests for information from media outlets.
- To develop and maintain a strong network of media contacts ensuring contacts are kept up-to date in a central database
- Maintaining social media accounts
- Support the implementation of a social media strategy
- Compile and circulate electronic daily news summary internally to other colleagues
- Plan/create multi-media communications materials
- Develop weekly newsletters for JID
- B.Sc Degree in relevant field
- Candidate must be social media savvy
- Desired Experience: minimum 1 year
go to method of application »
- As part of its strategic growth, a new role has arisen within the organisation for a Business Development and Marketing officer.
- The applicant will help to devise, develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness-raising for JID.
- JID is looking for a strong influencer and negotiator, who is self-motivated and has a proven track record of business development, marketing and communication.
- You should be capable of radical thinking, developing new and innovative strategies for communicating JID's values.
- The Business Development and Marketing officer will help to devise, develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness-raising for JID.
- To coordinate these activities, JID is looking for a strong influencer and negotiator, who is self-motivated and has a proven track record of business development, marketing and communication.
- Develop and deliver the strategy for JID's new business development, marketing and communication, appropriate to need and responsive to opportunity, in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Research into relationships that should be developed and manage effective partnerships with both existing and new key corporate partners, NGOs, government, media and funders.
- Project manage research, planning, delivery and evaluation of specific campaigns
- Innovate and offer new ideas and approaches for developing JID, building relationships with other prospective business partners and with other networks and members where appropriate.
- Developing good relationships with all relevant bodies and identifying methods of remaining cost effective in a marketing capacity
- Entrepreneurial drive, passion and ability to help shape the organisation's marketing and communication strategy
- Relevant Degree in Business and / or Marketing-related subject
- At least 3 years' experience working in a business development role in a corporate environment or an international NGO, social enterprise or government department.
- At least 3 years' marketing and branding experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Joint Initiative for Development (JID)Similar Jobs
- Deputy Finance Manager at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Aviation Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Senior Project Manager, MAFITA at Adam Smith International
- Logistics Officers at Oxfam Nigeria
- Finance Officer at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Medical Adviser at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
- Country Support Associate, Severe Malaria at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Site Study Coordinator Research at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)