Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
- The Social Accountability Coordinator in Lagos will take responsibility for facilitating the initiation, and complementary engagement of SDI related community structures on the 7 point plan of the Stop Diarrhoea Project in Shomolu LGA of Lagos State. He/she will provide technical support and guidance on the various elements of social accountability framework that will improve the prospect of community ownership and sustainability of community actions and initiatives on diarrhoea prevention in the project communities.
- He/She will provide technical leadership that will enhance the effective coordination and tracking of all key stakeholders including government institutions, community actors and peers partners (UNICEF, WHO, PATHS2 and CHAI on anticipated social accountability responsibilities related to SDI intervention mix.
Child Health Policy and Programming:
- Provide sustained technical guidance in the establishment of required functional community structures with clear and complementary roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate the coordination and streamlining of all elements of SDI related social accountability and complaint response mechanism (CRM) to ensure standard and responsiveness of community structure around the 7 point plan.
- Provide technical support that will enhance and sustain the quality standard of all community level service providers and ensure timely response to issues raised on the quality and propriety of services provided.
- Liaise between State/LGA authorities, other partner's stakeholders and community leaders on major accountability and CRM issues that are beyond community level capacity/resources for timely attention and closure.
- Work with other staff to ensure all capacity gap and service quality issues are dealt with timely in coordination with community leaders.
- Build the capacity of community leaders responsible for the coordination of CORPs and PLACO on social accountability for improved service delivery.
- Track and prepare monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports on progress and indicators related to social accountability and other community interventions; including documentation of key lessons learnt and successes.
- To contribute to the development of publications for peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop activity plans and budgets for technical support activities
- Collaborate with State and other relevant stakeholders on social accountability roles and responsibilities related to the 7 point plan.
- Participate in developing different levels of progress report and supporting PQA on SDI project interventions.
- Support other colleagues with technical messaging on social accountability, external reports and publications
- Work closely with other thematic teams in Nigeria Country office and the Lagos State offices.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Postgraduate qualification in Sociology, Health Psychology, Rural Development or Development Studies with a minimum of 7 years demonstrable experience in community development or related programme is essential.
- Essential: at least 3-4 yrs health programme experience with I/NGO in Nigeria
- Essential: very good understanding of national health policies and strategies, programmes and stakeholders in Nigeria
- Essential: Good M&E experience and very good understanding of child survival issues and common childhood illnesses in Nigeria
- Essential: very good understanding of childhood immunizations and immunizations programming/ coverage issues in Nigeria
- Desirable: experience working with government institutions especially at the state level.
- Desirable: analytical & research skills, experience in conducting health systems research, ability to analyze data using SPSS/ EPInfo/ STATA etc
- Ability to work effectively both independently (with minimal supervision) and as a member of a team
- Commitment to gender equity, child rights, community empowerment, and grassroots development approaches
- Effective planning and organising skills
- Effective interpersonal skills - oral and written communication skills
go to method of application »
To provide IT technical services to Lagos, Jigawa and its sub-field offices by troubleshooting IT issues, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication/IT equipments. S/he will provide all needed IT services to and also act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
Key Areas Of Accountability
- The Information Technology Officer shall be accountable on the following key areas in Lagos, Jigawa field office of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:
- Support Lagos, Jigawa field offices on network troubleshooting ensuring an effective network connection. and maintain the entire local area network installed at the supported office locations
- Troubleshooting and maintain the network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain record of the local network, VPN connection and the wide area network installed and terminated in his/her supported location.
- In consultation with the Area Operations Manager and other team-leads, ensure that visitors (including staff from other locations, ERPs and consultants have the necessary IT assistance to enable them carry out their official assignments during their visits.
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks, and troubleshoot problems with his/her assigned field offices. Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintain effectively.
- Ensure all IT problems within the office are identified and solutions found and implemented.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.
- Ensure the field/sub-field bases supported by him/her have a well installed and functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system, in close collaboration with the Logistics and Administrative Officers
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) is correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipments
- Providing first level on IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Security and Backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative.
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files and folders.
Other Support Responsibilities:
- Provide a regular activity/progress report to IT/Information Manager on all aspects of IT operations, highlighting any issues encountered and special initiatives taken etc.
- Participate in and as part of the program network IT representative manage by the IT/Information Manager
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures, including safeguarding children, code of conduct, etc.
- Other -Working Contacts
- Internal SCI Staff in Lagos field office, Nigeria IT team
- External IT Contractors and Service providers as manage by the in-country IT representative
Skills And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position preferably in Western Nigeria.
- Proven knowledge of PABX, hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network
Prior Experience Expectations:
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role - 3
- Experience in Server and Active Directory Management
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Solid background maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows server 2008.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003, and Window 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organisational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Level of Education - Degree in IT or a related IT certifications.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Excellent, Hausa- Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required - Excellent
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Save the Children on Simplicant
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.