Latest Recruitment at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 4 December, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- Plan and design node, sites & links within the national IP/MPLS Edge & Core Networks and ensure ongoing development aligns with the organization's business plan.
- Produce network convergence hierarchy, topology, architecture and infrastructure redundancy plan for VPN service integration, regional service provider edge aggregation and IP Core Transport via the multi-service backbone.
- Interface with Transmission specialists and Topology for planning of optic (DWDM) backbone connectivity, capacity planning and allocation for efficient transport of all internal and external data traffic.
- Plan, design and optimize routing & transport technologies for provider EDGE aggregation and core transport network integration and verify requests, justify needs and classify all requested networks and services for MPLS VPN integration.
- Plan, deploy and evolve Quality of Service techniques at the network Edge and in the MPLS core network.
- Plan all backbone integration events, issue work orders and control project processes for capacity expansion, node integration and/or new service introduction.
- Conduct weekly & monthly network performance monitoring, trend analyses, capacity planning and expansion in line with network growth trends and increase in traffic.
- Develop and evolve IP addressing, naming and numbering formats of all network nodes and elements in the IP/MPLS backbone.
- Produce and evolve designs for integration and extension of IP/MPLS edge functionality to the campus LAN Core at all IP Backbone locations.
- Plan schedule and conduct site visits and surveys for accurate and effective network design, dimensioning and integration planning.
- Assist in network capacity planning, network disaster recovery planning, Network synchronization planning, contact management, project management, SLA (Service-level agreements specifications)
- Provide transport dimensioning input towards core strategies.
- Provide input towards architectural and topology plans of the entire core network.
- Help monitor technology evolution and match vendor strategy.
- Evaluate cost benefit of media technologies.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Manager, IP Planning & Enterprise Solution
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Three (3) to five (5) year relevant work experience
- Cisco Certification in Routing & Switching required (CCNP)
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- IP Network design & Planning
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Etisalat's Career Page
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Etisalat NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Recruitment at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Career Opportunity at MTN Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at ByteWorks Technology Solutions
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at xPlug Technologies Limited
- Back-end Developer at Touchcore Technology Limited
- Graduate Application Developers at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Account Manager Job at Cisco Systems
- Fresh Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria