Control Risks is a global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments.
We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. Our renowned expertise, the breadth of our services and the geographical reach of our organisation enables us to help our clients meet their challenges and realise new business opportunities across the world.
The Associate Consultant is a client facing consultant who will support clients and other team members to deliver end to end physical security risk services, including vulnerability reviews, audits, development of physical security plans and related risk and physical security services, primarily in Nigeria but also across the West Africa region.The associate consultant role is an entry level position; the individual will be introduced to the broader security and risk consulting opportunities at Control Risks in a structured manner with the appropriate mentoring available. The Associate Consultant will be heavily involved in proposal development, the peer review process and increasingly be capable of independent working on client facing tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Work with team members on crisis and security consulting engagements of diverse scope and complexity consistent with industry best practice and drawing on personal experiences. Specifically, with guidance from senior team members:
Security risk consulting
- The associate consultant will be expected to deliver physical security reviews and audits and physical security planning across all industry sectors.
- The incumbent may also be required to support senior team members in undertaking broader crisis and security consulting tasks as directed.
- Support service delivery and consultancy assignments
- Participate in client meetings
- Ensure that practices, policies, strategy and services are fully aligned with client need
- Support maintenance of client relationships; act in conjunction with consultants and key account managers
- Maintain time and expense records to ensure accurate invoicing in accordance with company procedure
- Delivery of tasks for clients on time, on budget, to the highest standards
- The role will involve significant travel to client sites
- From time to time the role may require consultants to support in crisis or emergency evacuation situations, sometimes requiring short-notice and/or extended deployment to the field.
Knowledge and Experience
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communications skills
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Detailed understanding of the security environment in Nigeria (or demonstrated aptitude to learn)
- Aptitude to learn principles of physical security protection and risk management, particularly management systems
- Demonstrated team player as well as independent capacity to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to multi-task and balance competing requirements
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent presentational skills
- Project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2) and expertise in their application
- Current standards and practices used security risk management
- Experience working, or consulting to one or more of the following sectors: oil and gas; engineering; manufacturing; construction; power and utilities; infrastructure.
- Experience working or living in several regions in Nigeria
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Appropriate professional membership
- ISPS Ship Security officer or Chief Security Officer
Problem Solving / Decision Making
Relationship / Personal Impact
- Strong interpersonal skills – building trust and rapport
- Report writing in English to the highest professional standard
- Ability to communicate using range of techniques with clients and colleagues alike
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to prioritise work
- Sound knowledge of all Microsoft programmes
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Control Risk's Career Page