An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Position Title: Events Assistant
Project Duration: 6 months
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Events Assistant will be responsible for working with Yobe State Ministry of Religious Affairs to support organizing and providing administrative assistance for a series of trainings in Yobe. It is expected that the Events Assistant will work with the Yobe office and Yobe State Ministry of Religious Affairs to collate training lists, logistical needs and event needs. This position will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State, with regular travel in the State.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Events Assistant will report to the State Program Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with Yobe office and government entities to develop schedule for training, including preparing list of participants, locations of training, dates of training etc.;
- Liaise with hotels to arrange trainings, including catering, venue rental and training material preparations, such a printing and binding, renting projectors etc.;
- Provide support to Yobe office in collecting invoices and receipts from hotels and other vendors for payment;
- Working with the Yobe office and government entities ensure that proper documentation is collected, such as attendance lists, transportation allowance receipts etc.;
- Conduct small purchases locally, such as buying airtime/recharge cards, stationary and training needs (markers, flip chart paper etc.); and
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- A minimum high school is required.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating budgets, reviewing financial reports, preparing for and monitoring audits of grantees, and file management.
- Computer literacy in MS Word is required.
- Prior experience with internationally-funded projects and/or working with government is highly desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 21st December, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.