Job Vacancy at Finca International
Posted on: 3 December, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at FINCA International
About the Job
FINCA is recruiting an experienced, motivated and hands-on Internal Audit Officer whose responsibility is to perform the specific audit procedures that includes testing, evaluation, improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. S/he reports directly to the Internal Audit Manager and will participate in audit planning, execution and reporting of findings as well as follow-up to ensure audit recommendations, management corrective plan actions, Board of directors’ resolutions are correctly implemented.
Essential Duties Include:
- Carry out affiliate audit work plans.
- Assure that referral of matters and issues which arise from observations are followed up according to the Audit Protocols on a timely basis
- For each audit performed the auditor will agree with managers or other audited parties the standards that will be used.
- Contribute to the draft report and summarize issues that are prepared by audit manager
- Implement monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance
- Ensure audit practices in accordance with policy of Subsidiary Audit Committee and Global Audit Office.
- Participate in emergency reviews and investigations in accordance with the Global Audit guidelines.
- Follow up to ensure findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Subsidiary Audit Committee as required.
- Collect, document and submit observations concerning fraud to the Audit Manager
- Conduct procedures as part of risk management audits as required
- Accomplish the duties delegated to the Auditors in accordance with the schedule prepared by the Audit Manager.
- Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Monitor practice and test controls. Monitor compliance with all policies and procedures
- Provide details and reports of expenses in accordance with Global Audit directives and subsidiary procedures.
- Adhere to FINCA International directives and subsidiary or local procedures that ensure proper administration of human resources.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Subsidiary and Regional Audit Manager and the Audit Committee.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A University degree preferably in Finance and Accounting (B.Sc.), Accounting/Finance CIA/CPA/ACCA/ACA qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- 1-3 years (internal/external audit) experience in a financial institution/ micro finance or banking preferred.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Fluency in English required, Igbo or other local language skills strongly desirable.
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country 60%
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to drive projects from inception to execution stages
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and is committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Finca's career page on Simplicant
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about FINCA InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Medical Call Centre Agent at Imisi Partners
- Drivers at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Accountant at AiQ Capital Management Limited
- Fund Manager at AT&A Asset Management Limited
- Scrum Master at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Head Of Internal Operations at a Non-Banking Financial Organisation - Fadac Resources
- HR Assistant at Crossover Microfinance Bank
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)