If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world's largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Subsidiary of the SPIE Group, SPIE Oil & Gas Services provides a complete range of services to main oil and gas companies in 25 countries all over the world. We are located in Africa, the Middle-East and Pacific Rim.
Our turnover (426 M€ in 2010) has doubled across this last four years thanks to our 4000 trained, developed and dedicated employees to whom a strong career development is offered.
To keep on growing, SPIE Oil & Gas Services always needs new talents and is currently looking for on behalf of SPIE Nigeria… an Electrical/HVAC Maintenance Supervisor
ELECTRICAL/HVAC MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
- Responsible for supervising staff, making assignments and evaluating work.
- Install new HVAC equipment,follow OEM schedules,log work accomplished,and interact with building based personnel to ascertain problems and locations of needed work.
- Provides preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC and boiler systems and controls;corrects software related problems.
- Responds to service calls; troubleshoots problems and air quality issues.
- Assists other mechanics on difficult tasks.
- Conducts seasonal startups and changeovers.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Coordinates building operations with staffand completes work orders.Interacts with CMMS.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Manages interventions using the CMMS
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility,
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the team of technicians directly under his responsibility,
- Carries out, at CONTRACTOR Maintenance Supervisor request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
- Identifies in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand,
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 10 to15 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- Specific professional knowledge: CMMS : SAP/R3
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Thoroughknowledge of practices, tools and terminologyoftheHVACtrade;understandingofthetheoryofheat exchangeandaircirculationand knowledge of electricity as it applies to HVAC equipment.
Electrical Specific: HV & LV power distribution and control networks, HV & LV motor drives and Alternators, Inverters, high voltage cells, variable speed units, Lighting networks, switchgear, etc…
HVAC Specific: - All HVAC plant and controls (AHU’s, Fan’s, motors, Belt drives, All Refrigeration and Freezer room equipment and it’s associated controls), Good Mechanical Engineering Background, Operational experience in the operation of Utilities equipment.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit SPIE Career Page