Co-Creation Hub, Nigeria’s first premiere Social Innovation Centre seeks an experienced Financial Analyst to carry out industry analysis, analyze financial information and conduct research to position the company in making well-informed decisions on ventures in its investment fund portfolio.
The role also supports fund portfolio companies with their financial matters.
The Financial Analyst will play a key role in the day-to-day financial management of the investment fund.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consolidate and analyze financial data (cash flow, budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
2. Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
3. Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
4. Cash flow management – Maintain short term cash forecast and develop close understanding of daily and monthly cash flow analysis to aid informed decisions
5. Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
6. Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
7. Prepare quarterly insights report on portfolio companies
8. Carry out industry analysis, Identify trends, advise companies and recommend actions based on sound analysis
9. Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
10. Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
11. Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
12. Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
13. Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
14. Carry out other financial administration tasks as assigned by the Director of Investments.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Proven 2 years work experience as a Financial Analyst
2. Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
3. Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
4. Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
5. Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
6. Well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, money market and business environment
7. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field
8. Excellent written and communication skills
9. The position offers a competitive salary depending on applicant’s competence and ability to learn
Email email@example.com with CV and cover letter to apply using the header, FINANCIAL ANALYST ROLE.