If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
The Maternal, New-born and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Main Purpose of the Role
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator will have responsibility for the financial and administrative components of the project at the state levels, including any reporting required therein.
- S/he will work in conjunction with HQ-based management, operations and finance staff to ensure that donor and organisational requirements, policies and procedures are met.
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator will provide operational support to the project such as maintaining accurate book keeping tasks and management of cashbook under the supervision of the State Team Leader.
The Main Responsibilities
- Prepare suppliers payment transaction vouchers
- Maintain petty cash in the safe and ensure petty cash reconciliation are undertaken.
- Receive and monitor invoices and cash payment requests vouchers to ensure timely processing
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approved payment vouchers received
- Prepare cheque and bank letters / pay schedules for approval and make the payment
- Update by posting entries to the weekly bank and petty cash transaction summaries and submit the same to the Finance Manager.
- Replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Ensure MNCH2 policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Carry out cash count as per the MNCH2 policy and schedule.
- Maintain a filing system of the payment documents in a professional manner.
- Liaise with staff on document completion and proper coding based on the standard chart of accounts
- Scan the payment supporting documents and post the same on palladium Share Point platform
- Contribute to the overall objective of MNCH2 program by providing quality support service to the technical team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in providing administrative, operational and logistical support
- Minimum three years? experience with an NGO and/or donor-funded programme managing operations and administration of projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must have strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise and coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners, and manage the simultaneous delivery of multiple activities as well as across results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations
- Experience working with DFID funded programs is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
In return we offer;
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly make a difference.
- A competitive salary with benefits
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit the Palladium Group Job Portal