SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world's largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Subsidiary of the SPIE Group, SPIE Oil & Gas Services provides a complete range of services to main oil and gas companies in 25 countries all over the world. We are located in Africa, the Middle-East and Pacific Rim.
Our turnover (426 M€ in 2010) has doubled across this last four years thanks to our 4000 trained, developed and dedicated employees to whom a strong career development is offered.
To keep on growing, SPIE Oil & Gas Services always needs new talents and is currently looking for on behalf of SPIE Nigeria… an Instrument maintenance supervisor
INSTRUMENT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
- Organizes on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Assists the Planning Engineer or CONTRACTOR Maintenance Supervisor with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all Maintenance and Inspection works.
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Manages interventions using the CMMS
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility,
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
- Directs and coordinates through subordinate supervisory personnel, subordinate engineers, activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of instrument and electrical equipment located at the plant.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Allocates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment.
- Oversees and manages supervisors, engineers, and planner/schedulers associated with the electrical maintenance work group including the Instrument trades group.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 10 to15 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- Specific professional knowledge: CMMS : SAP/R3
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Has the ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Languages: English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC), French an advantage.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is a must
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in the Instrumentation and Electrical equipment field, but also capable of performing the necessary administrative functions associated with a maintenance superintendent level role
- Must have experience managing maintenance work groups associated with the Instrumentation and Electrical work groups within an industrial plant setting
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Instrumentation: All Types of instrumentation, Gas and Oil metering, PLC systems and knowledge of DCS, UCP’s, fire and gas system, etc.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit SPIE Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.