Executive Career at eRecruiter Nigeria
Posted on: 29 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at eRecruiter Nigeria
Our client is major player in the assemblage and sales of Tractors, Trailers and Trucks for emerging Agro and Agro-Allied industries in Nigeria and across Africa. The group has a vision to ensure every farmer has access to mechanization tools. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for a Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- To provide leadership and direction for all business operations and to facilitate the achievement of established financial and business targets
- Reports To: Group Managing Director
- Plans and direct the activities of the organisation to achieve stated goals and standards for financial and business performance
- Discusses the approved business strategies and budgets with the management team and maps put plans for each unit that would ensure the achievement of business targets
- Reviews quotations from vendors and selects appropriate vendors for prompt delivery of services
- Establishes and maintains liaison with government bodies, private firms, or subject matter experts to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, codes and production standards
- Works with other professionals within and outside the engineering field to implement operating procedures, resolves malfunctions, and provides technical information.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of quality management during the assembly process to make recommendations for improvements where necessary
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, work instructions and client’s requirements in the production process
- Reviews and reports regularly to the Director, Group subsidiaries on the performance of products, achieved business goals, and future development plans of the company
- Investigates mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems, and liaises with suppliers to handle supply chain issues
- Reviews and approves designs, calculations and cost estimates
- Takes responsibility for individual projects, manages associated budgets, production schedules and resources, and supervises quality control
- Guides and monitors compliance with relevant company policies, procedures and regulatory provisions.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Automobile, Agriculture or Power Generation with 3-5 years in a senior management position.
- Proven expertise in strategic planning
- First degree in a related Engineering discipline
- Master’s degree is required (MBA preferred)
- Relevant professional engineering qualification e.g. COREN
- Project Management experience
- Problem solving
- Innovative and a creative thinker
- Commercial awareness
- Customer relationship management
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- This role is open to both Nigerian and Foreign Nationals
- DO NOT APPLY if you DO NOT meet the requirements
Method of Application
To apply for this position, apply on ERecruiter's website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about eRecruiter NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Business Strategy Analysts at Eta-Zuma Group West Africa Limited
- Job Opportunities at Saipem Contracting CONT.
- Job Opportunities at Saipem Contracting
- Fresh Recruitment at Interactive Engineering Consult Limited (I.E.C.L)
- General Ledger (GL) Accountants at Machineyard.
- Warehouse Manager at Nigerdock
- Graduate Cartoonists/Graphics Illustrators at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Career Opportunities at Machineyard