- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the senior management team;
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems;
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures;
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development;
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan;
- Supervise recruitment, development, and welfare of IT staff in accordance with corporate policies;
Desired Skills and Experience
The right person will be a highly experienced IT professional, looking to develop a value added function at a rapidly growing and progressive company. Ideally with offshore experience or multi-national experience.
- Tertiary qualification (Masters preferred) in the field of computer science or business administration.
- Approximately 10 to 15 years managing and/or directing an IT operation;
- Approximately 2 to 5 years working in Oil and Gas, Shipping or Supply Chain;
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT policies and systems.
- Knowledge, skills and ability
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications and outsourced systems;
- Experienced in system design/development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management;
- Excellent understanding of project management principles;
- Proven leadership ability;
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change;
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved;
- Ability to form successful relationships, working with all levels of the organization;