Job Vacancy in a Restaurant
Posted on: 27 November, 2015
Deadline: 2 December, 2015
View Jobs in Food Services
View Jobs posted same day
Our client is a fast growing restaurant in Abuja, Nigeria. We are recruiting for the post of a Restaurant Manager.
The restaurant manager will be responsible for setting up and overseeing the efficient running and profitability of restaurants as well as managing their employees.
Job responsibilities include:
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and training required
- Relevant degree/HND in business studies, management, hospitality management or hotel and catering.
- 5-7 relevant work experience preferably in the restaurant/ hospitality industry
- Project management certification (PMP, PRINCE 2)
- Relevant training / certification as a restaurant manager
Key skills for Restaurant Managers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Team building skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at an Eatery Via Mario Consulting
- Assistant Chef at Bolafolu FoodFillment