The Associate will support the implementation of GAIN’s new initiative on reducing postharvest losses and waste in key nutritious commodities and value chains, while contributing to shaping GAIN’s broader agriculture and nutrition agenda in Nigeria.
The Associate will be responsible for initiating and managing a detailed landscape analysis to effectively analyze the extent of postharvest loss and waste along key horticultural and other value chains, clarifying causal pathways in the 3 pillars of the program; Cold storage, Crating/packaging and Processing. Further, the Associate will be responsible for identifying disruptions and opportunities in food production, consumption patterns, market trends and investments.
The ideal candidate will have solid work experience in the agricultural sector and the private sector in Nigeria. Further, they will have proven experience of facilitating multi-stakeholder processes and fostering cross sectoral partnerships.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant work experience in the agricultural sector especially in horticulture value chain analysis and in the private sector; cold chain, packaging and food processing is preferred and a demonstrated understanding and experience on the role of markets and private sector development for improved food and nutrition security are desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a broad orientation to development
- Self-motivated with an ability to work without close supervision to deliver results.
- Ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder processes and foster cross sectoral partnerships
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, matrixed, global organization