Vacancy at at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 26 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job ID: 13-8599
Reports to: Chief of Party
- The State Team Leaders assist the Chief of Party in leading the project activities in the designated states.
- The estimated period of performance is 3-5 years, depending on availability of funds. These positions are contingent upon MSH receiving the project award.
- There are 3 positions, one in each State. The State Team Leaders manage all activities within their State and supervise the State-level Specialists of the Project, integrating the activities into a single strategic approach at the federal, state, local government, and community levels. He or she assists the COP in providing oversight and technical direction to the Project and collaborates with the COP on the appropriateness and quality of interventions.
- Along with the COP, he or she serves as a technical liaison between the Project and other donors and stakeholders operating in Nigeria.
- Lead MSH and partners activities in the RMNCH project within the state. Oversee the work of State Advisors.
- Ensure that the work of each technical area is coordinated at all levels, from federal to community level.
- Ensure that technical workplans are linked so that the monitoring and evaluation plans are integrated.
- Define specific, quantifiable performance indicators and targets for programs and reporting results.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to assess activity progress to ensure that the project maintains close adherence to work plans and meets designated milestones, deliverables, and benchmarks.
- With the Chief of Party, adapt and implement management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the contract.
- Ensure there is sufficient financial staff for disbursing all local costs under this project, monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports of project expenditures for submission to USAID.
- With the Chief of Party, ensure that the program has adequate staff to carry out high-quality work and that staff are recruited and hired in accordance with state-level, federal-level, donor, and MSH requirements.
- In partnership with COP, meet regularly with USAID and other stakeholders to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges. Consult regularly with USAID on the current and future strategic direction.
- Supervise staff as assigned. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, regularly meeting with supervisees to discuss issues, track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work performed; conducting Performance Plan and Reviews; communicating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to MSH policies, guidelines, and values; developing staff skills and knowledge; approving time sheets; and facilitating supervisee success whenever possible.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Post graduate Degree in Public Health, Public Administration or Management, or a combination of equivalent relevant experience and education.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience managing RH/FP, or MCH, or integrated health projects in a developing country setting. Experience managing professional and financial resources on a similar scale amid the constraints of developing country health systems.
- Substantial experience working within Nigeria, preferably in Sokoto, Bauchi States or Akwa Ibom States.
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team to meet project objectives in multiple country sites and across multiple technical areas.
- Familiarity with and understanding of US Government regulations and administrative procedures.
- Proven ability to communicate well with, motivate, guide, and direct all levels of staff. Direct senior staff supervision experience required.
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experience, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills. Sensitivity to local cultures and traditions.
- Fluency in English, including reading, understanding, and speaking, with the ability to conduct business in English; excellent skills in drafting business correspondence. Advanced proficiency in Hausa required.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria at least 50% time.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit our MSH's career website on ICIMS
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Artist at the Institute of Credit Administration
- Security and Logistics Manager at Education Development Center
- Consultant - Social Safety Net Mechanisms at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Consultants at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- HR Coordinator at Solidarites International (SI)
- Panagora Group Latest Recuitment
- Team Lead at ACDI/VOCA Nigeria
- Procurement and Logistics Manager at FHI 360