This role would lead the creative development, planning and execution of all Brand and Communication initiatives for the Youth segment within the framework of an agreed strategy, meeting operational targets for TOMA,Revenue, profitability and increased brand equity.
Brand Management to improve TOMA, MOUB, ITR, ITP and Bonding scores for Airtel brand in the Youth Segment.
- Full ownership of the annual brand planning and budgeting process for activities targeted at the Youth segment.
- Articulate branding strategy for Airtel Youth segment.
- Define communication platforms and review creative materials for all media channels that drive young consumers to make Airtel their first choice
- Provide strategic brand support and make recommendations on brand building initiatives per region in order to drive brand performance for products and services targeted at the youth segment.
- Lead development of operational details of approved annual brand plans.
- Custodian of the Brand Design Guidelines to ensure all agency partners, suppliers, regional sales teams and internal audiences follow the guidelines and ensure consistency across channels, markets, zones and regions.
- Achieving cross-functional co-operation in all brand related activities creating a smooth flow of brand information company-wide, thereby ensuring satisfaction scoring by internal and external customers.
- Ensure that brand presentations in all channels and in all regions are consistent.
- Collaborate with Sales and regional teams to develop and deploy effective trade communication materials.
- Campaign Development and Execution
- Brand Performance and Campaign Evaluation
- Optimization of Brand and Communication Budget
- Agency Management
Campaign Development and Execution
- Constantly review the conventional media and digital media consumption habits of Young subscribers to ensure that campaigns are developed and deployed in line with consumer orientation.
- Efficient management of the brief-to-break process with the agency.
- Ownership and management of Brand creative materials.
- Actively manage the Guard Book (hard copy and electronic format) to keep record of own and competitor advertising.
- Collation and proper dissemination of needed campaign product information (both internal and external) to achieve seamless synergy in all Brand related matters.
- Provide guidance to the traditional media manager and digital marketing manager on the required media support & mix per campaign to optimize campaign performance in line with outlined objectives
- Provide support to the Trade Marketing team through timely provision of required branding collateral and make recommendation on POS elements to drive performance in the trade channel.
Brand Performance & Campaign Evaluation
- Track, report and analyze brand performance on a monthly and quarterly basis; identify gaps and make recommendations as required.
- Prepare campaign pre & post evaluation briefs and partner with the research team as required to ensure identified targets are met for every campaign.
Optimization of the Brand and Communication Budget
- Ensure quality standards are met within reasonable cost production boundaries in an efficient manner which does not compromise stipulated timelines in line with Supply Chain Processes.
- Finance and SCM information management, e.g. Operating Expenses Approval Forms , Purchase Orders etc.
- Budget control and management and tracking to ensure budget optimization and no overspend
- Reporting and collation of all departmental accruals for the month to ensure timely delivery to finance.
- Conduct regular financial reconciliation with the Agency to ensure timely payments (agency fees and other ancillary commitments)
- Directly manage the advertising agencies and ensure superlative output and turnaround time on all projects.
- Ensure regulatory compliance on all advertising materials and keep Airtel on the good side of the related regulatory bodies
- Conduct Quarterly agency evaluations and prepare required documentation for cascade to all stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience