Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The INGO Forum consists of 13 INGOs implementing humanitarian and development funding in NE Nigeria. The INGO Forum is currently seeking an Advocacy Officer to support the INGO Forum Coordinator in his or her efforts to offer strengthened coordination within the humanitarian community implementing in Nigeria. The Advocacy Officer will report to the INGO Forum Coordinator.
• Support Coordination and development of the INGO Forum advocacy strategy
• Support the INGO Forum advocacy related to the Nigeria humanitarian response through support in advocacy and communications initiatives undertaken by the INGO Forum.
• Advise and support the development and implementation of INGO Forum advocacy strategy on the Nigeria humanitarian situation as well as media and communication activities
Degree/ in Communications, Policy, or other related field
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Ability to communicate well in English and ability to write clear and concise reports in English.
• Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
• Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs
• Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the following addresses:
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. Applications received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: November 30th, 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.