Graduate Vacancy at Mott MacDonald
Posted on: 25 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mott MacDonald
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
In Nigeria, Mott MacDonald provides expert education consultancy services through our UK Department for International Development funded education programmes. These are the Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria (ESSPIN), Teacher Development Programme (TDP) and Developing Effective Private Education Nigeria (DEEPEN). We are seeking an Office Assistant to provide administrative, logistics and facilities support to the State Administrator in Mott MacDonald Kwara Office.
- Assist the State Administrator in the maintenance of the State office by liaising with contractors for the maintenance of the office and its ‘environs.
- Assist the Administrator in maintaining an office filing system, for both electronic and
copies of retainer agreements with contractors.
- Work closely with the administrator in maintaining all records of maintenance work carried out on the office as well and raise payments for the contractors.
- Assist the SA in maintaining the communications network between the Office Management team, Procurement team and Finance team with regards to maintaining the office environment, procurement of office materials and payment of the contractors by providing updated lists of office requirements.
- Assist the SA in ensuring that the programme gets good value for money from all retained agreements by ensuring that high standards are delivered by the contractors at all times by following up on al agreements and ensuring that the set standards are met.
- Work with the SA to ensure that the office has a steady supply of stationeries as well as the maintenance of a record for all office supplies.
- Assist the Facilities Officer in maintaining the State asset register for all office equipment and assets.
- Assist in ensuring that all facilities and logistical aspects of running the State office are catered for in an effective manner to ensure the smooth running of the office at all times.
- Take responsibilities for the all office machineries including printers, scanners, generators etc. are well maintained and running as required.
- Assist the SA in conducting periodic inventory for Kwara office.
- Assist the SA in maintaining the security and access to the office by liaising with the security providers and the receptionist.
- Ensure that the office and its ‘surrounds’ are kept neat and it working order at all time by liaising with the cleaners to ensure that standards are met and maintained at all times.
- Provide administrative, facilitative and logistical support for all workshops, seminars and meetings in the State office.
- Provide all other administrative support to the programme as may be specified by the State Administrator.
- Good organisational skills
- Proven communication skills
- Good IT skills and confidence/proficiency in all Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems whilst retaining the support of colleagues and technical specialists alike
- Pro-active approach to dealing with facilities related issues as well as logistical requirements of running a busy development programme office.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task as required by the position.
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
- Preferably educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification in administration/office skills/ICT
- Previous experience in providing administrative or office support to a programme team
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national team highly desirable.
Method of Application
To apply for this Office Assistant position, go to Mott MacDonald Career website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mott MacDonaldSimilar Jobs
- Project Co-ordinator, TEGA at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Crown Agents
- Data Entry Officers at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Job Opportunities at Street Child
- Job Vacancies at National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI)
- HR Coordinator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Clinical Coordinator at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer (HAO) at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)