Girl Effect is an organisation working to break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls’ perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
Context of the role
The Specialist, MLR will support the Girl Effect Nigeria team in driving forward monitoring, learning and results for the country initiatives of Girl Effect, which are focused on the 5+1 Theory of Change.
Girl Effect is going through a period of exciting growth and change - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for someone who shares our ambition.
- Manage collection of primary and secondary data to inform Girl Effect strategy development;
- Work closely with Girl Specialists to develop high quality research tools for use with girls;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Lead the production of reports and knowledge products and facilitate internal and external dissemination of learnings;
- Establish and strengthen relationships with partners and stakeholders and ensure research is used to develop Girl Effect’s programme strategies;
- Collaborate with Girl Specialists, Brand Strategy and Communications colleagues in both Nigeria and London to ensure alignment of research objectives and accurate interpretation of results;
- Hold key responsibility for the administration and smooth running of field research, whether delivered in-house or through consultants;
- Contribute to organisational quarterly reporting through provision of reliable, timely data as required;
- Carry out any other ad hoc administrative and operational support duties as required.
- Support programme team to develop MLR strategies and templates for programme activity
- Support all planning and strategy activities with MLR tools
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Masters degree or equivalent in the social sciences (e.g. economics, psychology), international development, statistics, or a related field; certification in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in field research and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Experienced in qualitative research methods, including interviewing and facilitation in the field
- Highly numerate with quantitative research skills, and comfortable undertaking analysis of data
- Strong communication and organizational skills - works easily in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- A collaborative team player;
- Culturally aware and respectful - curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate;
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills;
- Self-starter - confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives;
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect;
- Hausa language skills desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Girl Effect Career Page
Salary package and benefits: A competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the preferred candidate.
- Please note that CVs should not be more than 4 pages.
- Closing date for applications: 2 weeks from date of publication
- Girl Effect is an equal opportunities employer and encourages application from all.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale