Vacancy in a Newly Licensed Microfinance Bank via Bradfield
Posted on: 24 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
A newly licensed Microfinance bank based in Lagos is looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer [CEO] to drive the vision of the institution. The Microfinance Bank will provide financial services to low-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs, build assets and improve their standard of living and reduce poverty.
The CEO will be responsible for working closely with the Board of Directors and other partner organizations in establishing a poverty-focused, microcredit program.
- Developing program rules, procedures, policies, and operating systems
- Hiring, training, promoting and developing of staff
- Managing the operating capital and on-lending funds
- Ensuring that account books and financial statement reports are submitted and up-to-date
- Developing yearly expansion plans and targets with respect to outreach, loan disbursements, staffing requirements and financial viability
- Making institutional arrangements regarding the safe placement of client savings
- Supervising, monitoring and evaluating program activities, staff performance, loan and savings performance, and budgets
- Monitoring branch budgets and progress against targets
- Conducting regular audits of books of accounts
- Supervising the work of Branch Managers and field staff in group and Center formation, weekly meetings, loan approval and disbursements, loan utilization and effective implementation of poverty targeting methodology
- Organizing training to upgrade the knowledge and skills of the Branch Managers, and office and field staff in running a poverty-focused microcredit program
- Organizing appropriate types of workshops and meetings for staff and client development
- Developing core values for staff and clients to motivate them in their work
- Fostering collaboration with other microcredit programs and NGOs, commercial banks, government agencies and donors to promote the work of the program
- Promoting harmonious relationship with the program communities and society at large, to ensure support for program implementation and expansion
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Decision-making skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of first degree in Finance, Management, or Economics
- Minimum of eight (8) years post-qualification experience out of which, at least, five (5) must be in the financial services industry and at least, three (3) at the senior management level.
- Evidence that the candidate possesses proven skills and competencies in practical microfinance banking and has undergone the Microfinance Certification Programme and obtained a Certificate in Microfinance Banking issued by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- Ideally has at least five years’ experience with a poverty-focused microcredit or related program in a developing country context
- Highly motivated, with a strong commitment to working with the poor, especially women
- Knowledge and understanding of microcredit as a strategy for poverty reduction and alleviation
- Start-up or expansion experience in the financial sector (microfinance or banking) highly desirable, demonstrated business acumen in a highly dynamic environment essential.
- Proven experience preferably within banking or microfinance environment in at least four of the following areas, banking operations, lending and credit administration, savings mobilization, marketing/ business development.
- Strong computer literacy, particularly in MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint), experienced with Core Banking Systems
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Bradfield's Career Website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Spring of Life Investment & Cooperative Society of Nigeria (SOLIACS)
- Credit Officers at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- 2017 Access Bank Internship Program
- Access Bank Entry-Level Graduate Recruitment Programme 2017
- Job Opening at Sahel Capital
- Risk Analyst at Citi Bank
- Latest Job Opportunity at The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
- Managing Director At A Leading Microfinance Bank - TheJobMag Limited