Andela is a global talent accelerator that produces world-class developers and connects them with top employers. Andela finds the brightest young people in Africa and gives them the training and mentorship needed to thrive as full-time, remote developers for companies around the world. The company is backed by investors including Steve Case, Omidyar Network, Founder Collective, Rothenberg Ventures, Learn Capital, Melo7 Tech Partners, and Chris Hughes. Andela has offices in North America and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- In the role of User Interface Designer, you are a crucial member of the Tech and Training team here at Andela.
- You’ll be responsible for Interface Design for internal projects as well as several client projects.
- You will be the go-to man for anything design, pixel perfection, information architecture and product design best practices.
- You will also be accountable for holding every developer in Andela to high design standards.
- Come up with superb user interface designs for applications (both in-house and for clients)
- Convert PSD to pixel-perfect, hand-coded HTML/CSS
- Work closely with developers and client to turn idea into product
- Convert an existing “desktop” feature into a responsive feature that works across smart phones and tablets
- Interview customers and incorporate their feedback into your design work
- Use your eye for detail to do final acceptance testing (cross-browser, UX, etc) on new features once they have been built and are ready for production.
- You are comfortable using Prototyping tools like Balsamiq, Invision or Photoshop to create Low Fidelity prototypes for web applications.
- You are comfortable communicating with a client in the US and are able to help flesh out requirements into User Interfaces.
- You have experience designing High Fidelity prototypes using Photoshop.
- You’ve worked in various roles with a strong focus on front-end development for web-based applications that are responsive and look great on both desktop and mobile
- You can translate high-fidelity PSDs into pixel-perfect prototypes using HTML5, CSS3 and AngularJS that work across all modern browsers
- You have worked with Foundation, Bootstrap and Angular.js on multiple projects
- You can work on your own most of the time but are open to feedback because you know it helps you continue to improve - so you seek it out regularly.
- A proven ability to create products that people love to use.
- Worked with both Startups and established companies.
- You’ve had to wear in multiple hats in previous roles.
go to method of application »
- We believe that to be world-class requires excellence in a wide range of nontechnical skills, such as communication, teamwork, and problem solving.
- As an Andela Soft Skills Trainer you will have the opportunity to help brilliant people develop skills that will ensure their success as tech leaders on the world stage.
Primary Responsibilities of Soft Skills Trainers
Soft Skills Trainers train Fellows to master a comprehensive set of nontechnical skills (e.g. communication, team dynamics, problem solving) necessary for success as world-class remote software developer. Primary responsibility for the incoming Soft Skills Trainer will be to lead the MONTH ONE Program, an intensive 4-week soft skills onboarding program that aims to:
- Build a solid foundation for world-class performance with international software development companies.
- Utilize unconventional teaching methods that are highly engaging, student-driven, laser-focused on the specific needs of Andela clients, and reject the outdated and counterproductive status quo of traditional education models.
- Establish a culture of excellence, passion, collaboration, and integrity.
- Set clear and rigorous expectations for required effort and outcomes from the start of the 4-year Fellowship.
- Break and rebuild habits, mindsets, and beliefs while providing framework for developing extraordinary life and work practices.
- Teaching experience (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.).
- Master in energy manipulation within self and among groups
- Exceptional professional writing and public speaking abilities.
- Extraordinarily dynamic and adaptable high performer, capable of making progress on multiple high-priority tasks in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative; capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience and prioritization.
- Uncommon ability to coach and mentor others with a keen understand of their strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles.
- A good person who is driven by purpose, passion, constant learning, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Strong understanding of pedagogical concepts (e.g. curriculum, assessment, integrated learning)
- Experience with Google Docs, Trello, or similar communication and collaboration technologies.
- Experience working with Skype, Slack, Google Hangouts, or other remote communication technologies.
- Experience living and working internationally.
- Some exposure to the world of software development.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-filled working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Andela's Career Page on Omidyar Network
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale