Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
The MEA MCC Services team employs a group of highly qualified technical Architects with a wealth of expertise and experience in different Microsoft Products / Technologies. As part of Microsoft MEA MCC Regional team, you will be one of Microsoft front-line technical specialists focusing on the large projects and Enterprise Microsoft solutions across the region. Microsoft Architects provide technical direction and leadership in the architecture, design, pilot, and deployment of Microsoft technologies within our enterprise customer base across the Middle East and Africa region.
The Architect role is mainly about Envisioning and Designing Solutions to customers and allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology. Architects use their broad and deep knowledge of technology and IT operations to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable services focused on operational effectiveness and business value. To accomplish operational effectiveness, an Architect will manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects.
• Design, implement, deploy and project manage complex Application Platform engagement where multiple developers / partners are involved.
• Work with other MS Architects / Consultants in the architecture, design & implementation phases of Application Platform solutions.
• Build trust based relationships with the customers influencing their technical decisions & developing opportunities for adopting our products
• Transfer skills to customers (and project team) through effective communication & service engagements
• Identify opportunities for providing value to customers, proactively offering to engage our services & ensuring they’re satisfied with the delivery of the services
• Work with key Customer stakeholders during project envisioning to properly scope technical components and solution architecture. This includes write-ups and reviews of statement of works and proposal support/review.
• Present a professional & compelling image of Microsoft & its products through workshop, presentations & corporate seminars
• Lead pre-sales activities on Microsoft Application Platform Solutions
Knowledge & Experience:
• Excellent English speaking skills are a must.
• 10+ years’ experience in Microsoft Application Platform and Consulting Services. This should include SharePoint and the development of Solutions within the context of SharePoint.
• Proven ability to consult, design and architect Application Platform solutions, project plan and manage delivery of projects.
• Excellent communication, planning, and presentation skills
• Certifications in Microsoft technologies and from other industry-recognized bodies (MCP/IASA/TOGAF)
• Flexibility to be able to work at both design & detailed technical level within the focus area of products & technology & be able to advise client on effect of future technology changes
• Experience of working in or with global companies.
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
You will need to have at least 5 years’ in-depth work experience in the following skills:
• Microsoft Cloud Solutions i.e. O365 with a focus on SharePoint Online
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL/SharePoint Server and related technologies like Integration Services
• Identity & Security Services in the context of on premise, hybrid or cloud only applications
• Strong development proficiency.
• Travel required 60% of time minimum.
This strategic role in the MEA MCC Services team delivers advisory and planning services to Microsoft’s top enterprise customers. The role enables customers to achieve their most challenging business and organizational goals while leveraging value from their current and future investment in the Microsoft Platform.
This role requires broad technology knowledge and the ability to envision solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level business and technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security is also a must. Enterprise Architects are key drivers for demand generation and business results.
Business development: This role will be expected and have the opportunity to bring their years of experience and expertise to bear on local business development opportunities and contribute to thought leadership within and across both their local Microsoft business and more broadly across other Microsoft businesses.
Relationship-driven differentiation: What this role provides to customers is unique and available only from Microsoft. They advocate on behalf of the customer back into the Microsoft organization and maximize the value delivered from the relationship. Core activities include;
o Arranging Executive Briefing Center visits and bi-directional connection with Microsoft Product Development Groups and many other teams and communities.
o Facilitating the Customer’s uptake of Technology Adoption Programs for early advantage from pre-released Microsoft Products.
o Harnessing insights from groups like Microsoft Research, one of the largest sponsored technology research organizations worldwide. You also have access to the ‘Library’, a catalog of reference architectures, blueprints, industry insights and benchmark data that adds unique value.
Business-driven portfolio value management: The role takes a principled approach first to understand the customer’s needs and then to develop roadmaps of change that realize value from their Microsoft investment across a heterogeneous IT environment. Activities include:
o Creating business case development and benefits management programs that define, track and report accrued value through the optimal application of IT to business challenges.
o Orchestrating and/or designing and architecting solutions that leverage both the investment made in the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and the customer’s current heterogeneous IT environment in the best interests of the customer, driven through a program of orchestrated change and drawing from the collective know-how of Microsoft.
o Providing portfolio governance and oversight to drive lifecycle optimization and alignment across all Microsoft-related strategy and planning initiatives.
Teaming to accelerate value: When a Microsoft customer invests in an Enterprise Agreement license with Microsoft, the Enterprise Architect accelerates the time-to-value by aligning the technology deployment and business adoption plans with customer organizational objectives. Activities to support this objective include:
o Creating architectural and technology roadmaps that result in stronger business/IT alignment and that drive adoption and value from the Enterprise Agreement.
o Orchestrating the use of the Microsoft network of resources formally from within the Advisor’s individual engagement (This can range from formal Solution Architecture through to general technology consulting and beyond. Likewise, an Advisor may be called on by colleagues to contribute from their area of specialization in other large engagements or to team with the support team around specific customer initiatives.).
Knowledge & Experience:
Successful candidates would typically have one or more of these qualifications:
The following are higher priorities: Banking; Telco; Manufacturing; Energy
Microsoft Strategic priorities: Cloud/S+S; Enterprise level / Mission Critical Applications; Mobile Desktop; Unified Communications and Collaboration
Enterprise Architect Specializations:
o IT-led Business Innovation
o Business Value analysis and benefits management
o Enterprise-level, Business and Information Architecture
o IT Governance, IT Portfolio Lifecycle Optimization
o Organizational Change Management and Design
o Solution Design and Storytelling
This role understands interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products, and is able to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table.
Typically, with IT sponsorship, they develop relationships with key line-of-business executives, putting them in position to translate early business needs and insights into actionable IT strategy and assist IT in driving these initiatives to early results and business value. This work encompasses a solid understanding of business and IT strategy, a principled approach to broader architectural challenges and opportunities, and a great grasp of technology and solutions.
Must have a combination of a degree (Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and equivalent work experience, MBA degree is an advantage.
At least 8 - 10 years related IT experience.
Must have a proven record of delivering business value from Information Technology at an executive level (CIO, senior manager, CMO, CFO, etc.)
Candidates must have a deep understanding of markets, industries, business, customers, and technology.
Work experience should involve a mix of business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of Information Technology (examples may include assessment and analysis, design, business case development, architecture, envisioning, planning, deployment, benefits analysis, and management)
The ability and background experience to provide leadership in the practice, and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
Executive-level interpersonal and writing skills.
Experience at forming and leading virtual teams.
Travel required 60% of time minimum.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.