Deloitte drives progress. Our firms around the world help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a more detailed description of DTTL and its member firms.
The content on this page contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms, or their related entities (collectively the “Deloitte Network”) is, by means of this publication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte Network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on content from this page.
Summary of Role Responsibility
Fixed Asset management, budget update, work with the Finance improvement team on enhancement projects, voucher processing and Finance support on finance/IT related tasks.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Role Specific Competencies/Soft Skills/Qualification
- Updating the Fixed Assets Register
- Computation and posting of depreciation charge to P&L
- Reconciling Asset General Ledgers
- Reconciling P&L charges to the General Ledger
- Asset Verification
- Monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Posting reconciling journals
- Computation of exiting staffs final entitlement
- Assisting in the compilation of budget figures for consolidation
- Supporting with budget variance analysis.
- Assisting the CFO and Finance Manager with Finance improvement projects
- Understudying Great Soft Administrator as finance backup
- Running the month-end finance process with the GreatSoft Administrator
- Generating finance reports as required and preparing back ups for daily online reports updates
- Any other task as assigned by the Manager and other Senior colleagues.
- B.Sc. degree / HND in Accounting (minimum grade of 2:2/upper credit) or a related degree/ course
- Proficiency in the use of computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project Office, Access, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting procedures
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication, good time management and problem solving skills
- Partly or fully qualified Accountant (ICAN, ACCA). Part qualification should be at the professional stage