BOBST is the world’s leading supplier of machinery and services to packaging manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible material industries.
Founded in 1890 by Joseph Bobst in Lausanne, Switzerland, BOBST has a presence in more than 50 countries, runs 11 production facilities in 8 countries and employs over 5,000 people around the world. The firm recorded a consolidated turnover of CHF 1.354 billion (approximately 1,12 billion EUR) for the year ended.
- For the Central Africa region, the Group is seeking to recruit a Head of Sales for its Web Fed Business Unit (BU WF).
- Leads and is accountable for BU WF sales and sales network in the Zone (from Sub-Saharan down to South Africa not included)
- As a member of the local management team actively defends the best interest of the Group and promote one company culture common to all Business Units
- Be the "BOBST Face" in our industry for the region: promoting and living the values of the Group.
Sales’ specific tasks:
- Develop a close proximity with the decision makers and key people within established or potential customer organization
- Develop, in close coordination with the BU WF Business Director, an efficient Sales’ Network to serve all customers (existing or potential) within the zone
- Gives the appropriate support to the Product Lines (PL) throughout the sales process, through effective and transparent communication and ability to translate local customer requirements into product specifications
- Elaborates and maintain a realistic local sales plan and takes the responsibility for the delivery of the expected sales (quality and volume)
- Is responsible for the skills development of the sales team and the growth of its members
- Understand and highlight all competitive threats to the business.
Markets related tasks:
- Establish BOBST as a preferred supplier in Central Africa for Gravure, Coating, Laminator and Label presses
- Develop and deploy for each product a zone marketing plan and seek to cost-effectively penetrate the targeted markets/segments
- Understand and highlight all competitive threats to the business
- Support the product development by reporting the evolution of the customer needs
- Collect and communicate the flexible materials markets capacities, structures and trends (twice a year).
Budget and objective achievement:
- Deliver to the agreed yearly sales budget and objectives in the zone
- Participate actively in the Budget and Objectives preparation.
- Collaborate with the Services teams (local & PL)
- Support PL to obtain customer satisfaction excellence, provide factual & objective reports of any complaints or non-satisfied customers to the BU WF Business Director, local Service manager and
- PL Service support.
- Prepare the sales activities monthly BU WF report of the Zone. Discuss it with the BU WF Business
- Director at the end of each month
- Maintain the quotations list and follow evolution of the leads. Manage the hot and active projects list for the BU WF products.
Critical skills and personal attributes
- In depth knowledge of the Gravure, Coating, Laminator and Label presses, its application in the Flexible packaging industry and its customers
- Proven leadership in sales management
- Ability to understand the business and its challenges
- Good knowledge of the machinery industry and sales with focus in printing, machine-tools and electronics
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proactive work style, highly reliable and accountable
- Fluent in English necessary
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Act dynamically and pragmatically under pressure
- Ability to take initiatives, actions and be accountable
- Creative, team builder, team leader, result oriented
- Care for the well-being the people under his responsibility
Education and Experience:
- Degree in business administration or in engineering (with proven track of at list 5 years of B2B experience in a key role with same responsibilities)
- Proven Commercial and Marketing background
- Previous experience in either the flexible packaging industry, narrow web Flexo, film sales
- Have sound experience in a Senior Sales Position with success track records.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit BOBST Career Page