Current Career Opportunity at Oxfam
Posted on: 21 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Oxfam
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Oxfam is an international non-profit organization committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that once given the chance to do so, people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own. To do this, we work with local organizations, build their capacity and provide strategic funding to local projects in developing countries. We also lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and campaign to involve men and women also in our work.
We are recruiting for the position below:
- In West Africa (WAF), Oxfam has long-term experience in working with young women and men. Oxfam has worked across different themes, such as good governance, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and economic opportunities.
- Six countries in West Africa (WAF) - Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal - have identified the need and interest to further develop their work on the thematic area of Youth Employment. To this end, an in-depth research process is envisioned to ensure knowledge-driven development of our work and maximize the added value of our actions.
- A reflection is envisioned upon how and why youth employment in West Africa is currently approached by international institutions, (I)NGOs, CSOs, government institutions, the private sector and young women and men themselves.
- The ultimate aim of the research is to come to an identification of the nexus between.
- The existing gaps and opportunities in the field of youth employment in West Africa, specifically the six focus countries, with special attention to existing power relations and possibilities for youth to be heard;
- The identified needs and interests of young women and men themselves and the extent to which they can effectively express their voices as active citizens; and.
- The strength, added value and experience of Oxfam; and as such come to conclusions and recommendations on the direction of Oxfam's programming and influencing in the field of youth employment in West Africa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Oxfam Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OxfamSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria