The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position in the Executive/PEPFAR Office:
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent will provide high-quality technical assistance to the United States Government (USG) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) country team and technical workgroups; implementing partners and Government of Nigeria counterparts to ensure that the portfolio of program activities contributes to the national HIV/AIDS strategic goals and targets.
- S/he will generate accurate data analyses and reports to inform national policy, and respond to the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) reporting requirements.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science, Health Management, Sociology or Demography is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience managing HIV/AIDS public health or other social sector program, which includes two (2) years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS health programs, is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough understanding of Government of Nigeria’s policies, guidelines and strategic plan on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, the Nigeria Health Management Information Systems, the Nigeria’s President Comprehensive Response Plan (PCRP), as well as the global fund policies, procedures and supported program activities in Nigeria is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the ability to use advanced software programs for analyses, reporting, presentations and internal management is required.
- Selection Process
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position
Or - Ordinarily Resident - N8,795,684 p.a. (Starting basic salary); Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinarily Resident - AEFM - US$57,270 EFM/MOH – US$49,311 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-05/5*
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.