Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The IT and telecom industry is moving fast. Consumers and enterprises are driving change, and business models that once promised commercial success are being challenged. Telecom operators are focusing on transforming there operations and business support systems into flexible environments that can manage these challenges. In parallel major industry sectors such as utility, transport and health care is introducing mobility and connectivity to innovate their offerings, services and business models. The OSS/BSS solutions are in the heart of this process and we know from experience that an agile IT environment leads to improved efficiency, innovation, and customer loyalty.
Ericsson's Operations and Business Support Solutions have led change and created value through four generations of telecoms evolution. We offer advice to our customers how to define and manage business, process and technical needs and we offer Systems Integration services to build an e2e architecture and system landscape to support these needs.
IT Transformation, Customer Management, Revenue Management and OSS Automation – these are just some of the areas we work with to make sure that our customers are ready to pass the next technological and business milestone.
The Solution Architect will be part of the engagement team driving customer dialogs, identifying business needs and pain points, deliver customer value by translating the needs to e2e customer solutions.
Responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solution for the customers based on their specifications and business needs. Responsible for short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson by being part of the engagement team to translate the customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals. Accountable for customer-centric offerings, including re-use, based on complete Ericsson portfolio and 3PP
- Drives end-to-end technical solution engagements:
- Customer Workshops, presentations and dialogs
- Analyze customer technology and business environment, plans & requirements
- Analyze customer improvement areas and challenges related to technology and business
- Contribute to business case modeling around the customer solution
- Manage technical solution teams
- Scopes, defines and designs solution offerings and acceptance criteria:
- Contribute to creating proposal
- Find possible reuse of solutions and documents
- Lead and contribute to solutions creation and description
- Provide input to cost estimates and pricing to solution
- Propose suitable 3PP with requirements for solution
- Design customer adaptations
- Provide input into technical resource requirements
- Handshake solution with internal and external stakeholders
- In project delivery phase, manage and coordinate the following solution delivery activities.
- Responsible for communication with external customer. Analyze and scope customer requirements and provide baseline of requirements.
- Responsible for solution High-level design/low-level design based on the requirement baseline.
- Responsible for the requirement management and change control during implementation
- To make sure solution readiness including coordination of product customization and customer adaptation.
- Monitor onsite integration activities, such as installation, testing, trouble shooting and acceptance test to ensure the quality
- Partner management from technical and business perspective. Make sure partner's product or deliverable on time and meet solution requirements.
- Regional portfolio management
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLCM) of regional customer solutions and regionally sourced 3PP
- Market introductions (BRP) of new solutions and products according to regional needs
- Prioritizing customer requirements from the region as input to the product roadmaps and balance between practices
- Ability to work with uncertainties and to quickly adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to quickly learn new technology areas or do research on detailed technical topics
- Ability to show technical competence and handle difficult questions in front of customer technical staff
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Business case experience and analytical mindset
- Relating & Networking
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Can operate either as a team member or team leader on initiatives, acting as a coach for peers, new hires and initiative participants from other areas in the organization.
- Communicates effectively with leadership and team members to define project scope of work and outputs and phased approaches to achieving client's business objectives.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- MA or BA degree in CS, EE, or a related field
- Extensive OSS and/or BSS operational experience in consulting or similar role either in telecom vendor, IT vendor, operator or consulting firm
- A change management profile, track record from building a practice based knowledge organization where building people, skills and capabilities are central.
- Leading customer transformation programs using best of breed technology and offerings complemented with partners.
- Have a proven track record as e2e Solution Architect Project Accountable in at least 3 complex BSS and/or OSS Delivery Implementations from start to finish.
- At least 10 years of experience in interaction with senior IT managers and C-level executives and facilitating clients in IT management settings for OSS/BSS
- Expertise in OSS/BSS business processes, frameworks and methodology, technical platform, applications and software
- Experience and in depth understanding on the management and execution of projects for application development and migration for legacy IT system in OSS/BSS
- Demonstrated proven track record with the will and ability to adopt and learn new technologies and business models.
- Proven track record of cross organization collaboration in creation of IT and Enterprise solutions, cloud management specific objects would be preferred.
- Strong track record of consultative selling and capability of driving and negotiating large and complex deals including creating trust at C-level
- Drive sales at C-level by providing extensive experience and knowledge of customer operational setup and processes combined with understanding of technology use and the business impact in direct discussions with customers.
- Executing, prioritizing & coordinating practice engagements utilizing the preferred engagement model.
- Cultural Awareness, strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- People leadership, senior capabilities in managing/driving a transformation of Ericsson's go to market
- Customer presence: Ability to command the attention and respect of senior customer and industry executives, building trust. Excellent interpersonal, social and presentation skills.
- Capability to implement common processes and tools throughout a complex / multi-country organization.
- ICT Market Landscape and business environment i.e. main customer challenges and pain points, major competitors and their value propositions.
Ericsson Wide - Functional and other competences:
- Knowledge of Ericsson OSS/BSS related portfolio and offerings
- Expertise on Billing systems,Real time and converged will be preferred
- Expertise in CRM mainly Microsoft Dynamics, but proven experience in Siebel, SAP, ORACLE, Salesforce is qualifying.
- Knowledge of relevant, IT, OSS/BSS and telecom standards
- Proven track record in sales of Billing system,charging, converged and CRM solutions
- Proven track record in delivering of Billing system,charging, converged and CRM solutions
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Ericsson's Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale