Vacancy at The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
Posted on: 19 November, 2015
Deadline: 30 November, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Foundation for Elec
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens' rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
We seek qualified applicants to fill the position below:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for organization and procurement of office supplies and services and then identify what needs to be procured locally or via DC/HQ
- Apply IFES procurement policy Conduct and manage local procurement including requesting informal quotes, re-biding local contracts, preparing Purchase orders or other contractual mechanisms and ensuring proper back up documentations for procurement of goods and services is part of the procurement files; Work with lFES-DC in communicating the need for DC-led procurement including, but not limited to, sending MSRs/SOWs and participating in bid evaluations;
- May assist in the organization and logistics for Workshops, conferences and seminars;
- Manage local vendors and IFES service providers - insurance, telephones, office lease, utilities, internet provider, office facilities etc.;
- Organize and maintain a central filing system in both paper and electronic form;
- Maintain a database of all IFES contacts, NGOs and other organizations;
- Maintain office facilities and general office administration;
- Disbursement and management of IFES - Nigeria phone credits;
- Raise payment requests for vendor payments;
- Create a procurement tracker sheet and update the tracker an regular basis for all IFES Nigeria procurement (local & DC)
- Work with program team in the verification of items/services delivered against each purchase order) contract considering quality and quantity of material/services and providing program team with appropriate delivery note(s);
- Report to CoP & DCoP in case of any discrepancies in delivery of material/services.
- Conduct vendor and participant debarment checks and provide support documentation of debarment check to the program team members;
- Supervise, the security guards, gardener and the cleaner; Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of 6 years' experience.
- Prior experience in procurement is required, with preference for experience working in procurement for international NGOs or international organizations
- Prior experience in working on USAID funded-projects strongly preferred;
- Prior experience working on other international donor funded projects which may include but not limited to the EU, DFID etc. desired;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required;
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and Work independently and cooperatively; Effective verbal and written communication, multi-taskting, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Ability to detect problems and produce acceptable solutions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their type written application, current Resume, copies of Credential and three references to: email@example.com Only applications sent by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IF...Similar Jobs
- Programme Officer (Drug Prevention and Treatment Expert) at the United Nations
- Shelter Senior Program Officer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Working Group Coordinator (MHPSS) at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Security Officer at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Graduate and Internship Recruitment at Palladium Group
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
- WATSAN Team Leader at Solidarités International (SI)
- State Intervention Lead at Coffey International Development