The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300miIlion with an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is the Headquarter created in 1975 to enhance Regional integration and Developmental programmes in West Africa. ECOWAS is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities (RECs) supporting the African Union to coordinate implementation of continental integration and development in Africa.
We seek for qualified Consulting firm for the position below:
- The Humanitarian Logistics Depot was approved by the Summit of ECOWAS Heads of States and Governments as a facility for stockpiling emergency relief goods and services for delivery to ECOWAS citizens affected by emergencies.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the Establishment of an ECOWAS Humanitarian Logistics Depot was signed in Bamako-Mali between the Government of Mali and the ECOWAS Commission, whereby ECOWAS has been granted a plot of land in Bamako as site for the construction of the Depot and its offices. The site of about 30 Hectares is located close to the Bamako International Airport.
- It is against this background that ECOWAS is launching this Engineering study for the establishment of the ECOWAS Humanitarian Logistics Depot in Bamako. It will include warehousing facilities and office spaces for collection, storage and handling of humanitarian relief items, equipment and services as well as offices for Staff within the facilities.
The main activities involved in this assignment are listed below:
- Prepare a conceptual architectural design which will be subject to Client's approval;
- Undertake detailed architectural design based on the principle of sustainable development (i.e. high environment quality and low energy consumption);
- Prepare structural design include concrete and masonry works, earthworks, pavements etc.;
- Undertake topographical survey and material & soil investigation;
- Preparation of all required Engineering Plans, Specifications, Calculations and Construction Schedules;
- Computation of construction quantities and preparation of cost estimates;
- Preparation of Bidding Documents for construction works;
- Assistance to Client in tender process and bid evaluation;
- Supervision of construction works.
For the realization of the project, the firm shall at least:
- Be a renowned consulting firm of international scope having worked in at least 3 ECOWAS countries in past 10 years.
- Have an overall experience of at least ten (10) years in the Architectural and Engineering design and supervision of construction of infrastructure
- Have a qualified team of key staff (minimum of a Master's Degree) with at least 10 years working experience in the architectural and engineering design and supervision of construction of infrastructure
- Have the capacity to produce and provide the reports in at least two of the ECOWAS official languages namely English and French.
- The selection procedure will be based on Quality and Cost in accordance with the ECO WAS Tender Code. ECO WAS Commission is under no obligation to shortlist any Consultant (Firm) who expresses interest.
- A shortlist of six firms which present the best profiles shall be drawn up after the Expressions of Interest. The Minimum technical requirement for an Expression of Interest to be considered by the Committee is 70 Points.
- The firms that are part of an international network are to submit one Expression of Interest.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants (firms must provide the following information showing that they are qualified to perform the services:
- List of staff and expertise of the consultants for the assignment;
- The firm should have on its team, members with a combined knowledge of the official languages of the ECO WAS Region which are English, French and Portuguese;
- List of verifiable technical references similar to this assignment: list of previous clients and contacts for this type of assignment stating the year and the cost of the assignment; the methodology and the result obtained.
- Information detailing the company's existence and areas of expertise;
- Audited financial statements for 2013, 2012 and 2011;
- The full address of the firm (location, person to contact, BP, Telephone, Fax, Email).
Method of Application
Expressions of Interest must be in two of the Community official languages (English and French) and delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked "Recruitment of a Consultancy Firm for Technical Assistance for the design and supervision of the Construction of "NEW BAMAKO WAREHOUSE and related Offices" in MALI.", Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee" to:
The Commissioner, General Administration & Conferences,
5th Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Interested consultant firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1.
Directorate of General Administration,
Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P.M. B. 401,
Or By Email to this following addresses: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- This assignment is for consultant firms and not individual consultants. Individual consultant submissions will not be considered.
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
- Interested consultant firms may wish to apply as a consortium to enhance their profile and chance of being qualified.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale