If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member who will be working as the Assistant Director [NGO].
Reporting to the Executive Director, you develop and coordinate an operational plan which incorporates the Foundation’s goals and objectives towards protecting the rights of children
- Lead the Foundation’s project development and program management initiatives.
- Identify and monitor program activities that benefit and complement the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Develop strategies to increase the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives, facilitate a range of fundraising events, new program inaugurations and speak directly with reporters, donor agencies, government representatives/members of the community at these events
- Support in the development of a strategic plan and develop mechanisms to facilitate the adoption of the plan.
- Support the development and implementation of the Foundation’s strategic approach for key child abuse programs and advocacy goals.
- Participate in long and short-term program development plans.
- Oversee the preparation of project proposals, research grants, prepare grant reports and coordinate the prompt submission of grant reports.
- Administer grants for the execution of program activities in accordance with approved budget allocations.
- Develop a framework for the assessment of program impact while making necessary changes and improvements where necessary.
- Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure the timely completion of program deliverables.
- Review program outcomes vis-à-vis contractual commitments and grant commitments.
- Develop and schedule program activities in accordance with specifications and funding limitation.
- Provide comprehensive, reports on the revenues, expenditures and budget forecasts of the organization.
- Monitor, analyse and comment on debates around child rights, particularly as it relates to child abuse.
- Represent the Foundation at workshops, trainings and interactions organized by partner organisations.
- Engage with government and donor experts and agencies on child right matters at federal, state and local government levels.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for an appropriate system of fiscal accountability, grant administration/management and community intervention.
- Track current regional and national economic, political, social, and other trends impacting on target group and inform appropriate personnel on actions or pending actions that would impact their work.
- Provide strategic guidance to program while contributing to program context and needs.
- Build on new and existing relationship with civil society network and work towards strengthening the Foundation’s advocacy and capacity building strategies.
- Facilitate collaborative opportunities with other civil society organisations.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Develop background documents, briefs, and presentations, including carrying out relevant literature reviews and analysis on the rights of the child
- Monitor program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent proposal writing and facilitation skills
- High-level strategic thinker, with a strong grasp of national and international child right policies.
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of progressively responsible International Management experience in an NGO or relevant International work experience.
- Fundraising, project development and program management experience.
- Proven understanding and experience of advocacy and policy change work within a complex humanitarian context.
- Working knowledge of multi-disciplinary child abuse response systems.
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area.
go to method of application »
Our client, a fully registered holding company with several subsidiaries is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans organizes and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Effectively liaise with government agencies like LIRS, NSITF, ITF and HMOs.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiencyof department and services performed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
- Degree qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines
- Minimum of 8 years professional work in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management; at least 5 of which has been at supervisory/managerial levels.
- Relevant professional qualification such as CIPM, SHRM, HRCI, CIPD will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in Consulting desirable
- Good people skills and knowledge of employment laws (local and international) are required
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Bradfield's Career Website