Current Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Posted on: 18 November, 2015
Deadline: 24 November, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Reporting To: QA/QC Supervisor
- Responsible for the installation & commissioning of AMI Meter Systems
- Direct supervision of AMI meter installation on site; ensure that basic meter installation standards are adhered to always.
- Ensure that there are no wiring error(s) and wrong installations.
- Ensure that proper safety precautions are taken on site prior to commencement of installations.
- Ensure that the Customers’ load assessment is done prior to commencement of installations. This will prevent overloading or underutilizing the meters.
- Ensure that the meters are installed in such a position that they are not prone to tamper and by pass.
- Ensure data accuracy by copying and recording data directly on site in the prescribed form/format.
- Timely feedback to the BU New Service Team (for set up of a successfully completed installation) and the QA/QC Team at the HQ (for materials utilization, observations and challenges on site).
- Keep proper records of stock and usage of materials (especially the meter seals).
- Ensure that meters are properly sealed after a thorough inspection of the wiring and connections inside the meter and in the Customers’ premises.
- Minimum O.N.D. Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years post-graduation experience.
- British City and guilds certificate (electrical technology), Trade test I, II and III certificate (electrical wiring) may be added advantage.
- At least 2 years previous experience of Energy meter installation.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years old.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good understanding of basic safety precautionary steps in electrical wiring.
- Computer literacy; basic knowledge.
Method of Application
To apply, visit the Career Portal of Ikeja Electric Company
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- Entry-level Customer Service Executives at Greenlight Planet
- Customer Service Manager at Darmac Engineers
- Business Strategy Analysts at Eta-Zuma Group West Africa Limited
- Job Opportunities at Saipem Contracting CONT.
- Job Opportunities at Saipem Contracting
- Fresh Recruitment at Interactive Engineering Consult Limited (I.E.C.L)
- General Ledger (GL) Accountants at Machineyard.
- Warehouse Manager at Nigerdock