The objective of the Health Systems Strengthening Advisor position is to provide leadership for building sufficient and sustained capacity at State and LGA levels in HIV/AIDS/TB multi-sectoral strategic planning and financing including related health sector-specific systems strengthening and monitoring for results.
1. Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project management and performance
2. Coach/mentor the state team leaders in provision of TA to state planning and financing processes.
* The advisor will facilitate strategy development and implementation to improve and sustain state and local government planning, financing and health and HIV/AIDS/TB resource management.
* Provide technical input in the development of an integrated MSH Pro-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
* Support the State Team Leaders build capacity of state and LGA management teams to undertake strategic and annual planning, resourcing and monitoring HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
* Assist state and local governments to build and support vibrant public-private partnerships for health and HIV/AIDS that promote participatory decision-making in key processes of state programs.
* Establish system and support state and local governments to map resources for HIV/AIDS and TB, budget resources according to priorities and evidence, monitor disbursements and budget performance.
* Work with the LMS PLAN-Health project and consultants to develop grantee CSOs organizational systems capacity to plan, manage and monitor small grants (governance boards, planning, budgeting, human resources management, grant management, M&E, proposal writing etc).
* Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep LMS senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* Document and publish best practices.
Click Here To Apply
* Graduate degree in international public health, international development, public policy, public administration, management, social sciences or a related discipline.
* Nigeria-specific experience required.
* Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
* Proven programmatic, technical, and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGOs.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, teamwork and partnering abilities.
* Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Fluency in oral and written English required.
* Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required.
Click Here To Apply:
The Information Technology TO will work in a team lead by a Technical Advisor to provide integrated IT related technical assistance for the capacity building of CSO and government partners in strengthening their IT management system. The Information Services provide network and Internet access rights, and ensure Internet functionality.
The Information Technology Support Technician leads and coordinates information, technology support, and related activities. He or she provides initial training, and is the first line
support for all MSH Nigeria computer users. The Information Services provide network and Internet access rights, and ensure Internet functionality. Technician keeps the inventory of all equipment, maintains network documentation, and provides desktop support.
Serve as the focal point resource for IT activities within the MSH project offices in Nigeria, and act as primary liaison with the IS department staff in Arlington and in Boston to ensure that the office network is configured and maintained within the parameters established by the IT Support policy.
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a combination of relevant education and experience; A+ or Network+ certification preferred.
* Significant experience with network technologies, including local-area network (LAN) protocols, wide-area network (WAN) protocols, IP routing, DHCIP, DNS, TFTP, and WINS.
* Very strong Excel and database skills (Access, MySQL, SQL Server)
* Significant experience with network hardware, including routers, switches, hubs, and CSU/DSU.
* High degree of computer literacy, proficiency in IT infrastructure configuration, and demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications required. Knowledge of other commercial database applications, including SQL, and inventory control. Experience supporting accounting packages helpful.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
* Fluency in English, including speaking, reading, and writing, with the ability to conduct business in English.
* Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria and internationally, as needed.
Click Here To Apply:
* University Degree in Business Management or accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
* Minimum 3 years management experience with USAID funded project.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
* Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
* Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
* Ability to create and monitor budgets.
* Understand the principals of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
* Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Click Here To Apply
The objective of the Program Assistant position is to link logistics with the technical program by supporting the Project Advisors and the Directors. He/She also takes responsibility for managing the project reception area and guests and also liaises with finance to manage project staff financial requisition system. Also this person will maintain a weekly electronic activity tracker. Maintain system for efficient communications with the project field offices, implementing State governments and Abuja partners (database of our partners/clients, telephone, cell phone, emails, physical add etc).
* Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communication, Public Relations or a related field
* Proven programmatic, technical and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and take initiative.
* Ability to learn complex program procedures.
* Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
* Strong office and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
* Proven programmatic, technical and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
* Demonstrated ability in computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office applications preferred); and Microsoft Outlook for management of mails and calendar
Click Here To Apply