The successful candidate for the Principal position will lead a team of academic and non-academic staff and provide visionary leadership and oversight. As principal, he/she will be required to head the school senior management team (SMT) and will report to the School Board. In addition he/she:
- should be able to develop and implement school improvement and development plans;
- implement school policy and contribute to the development of same;
- should be able to provide staff development for academic staff;
- oversee the day to day running of the school;
- ensure that high academic standards are observed by staff
- Observe, mentor and supervise teachers
- ensure that all school records are up to date;
- have oversight over the academic performance, welfare and social development of students;
- relate well with parents, staff, students and contractors of the school;
- maintain discipline and ensure that government regulations are adhered to;
- maintain a democratic work environment with mutual respect between staff and students
The successful candidate will be expected to reside in Yenagoa. The school will therefore provide furnished and standard accommodation with free utilities, free cable TV, official staff car, a health insurance scheme, monthly phone allowance, free internet, attractive renumeration and an annual economy return ticket flight to their home country.
Applicants may apply from any country in the world, provided they are well qualified and can bring in a rich international experience into the school.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 15 years experience in compulsory education or a Master degree with up to 7 years in compulsory education, several of which should have been at leadership levels in a secondary school (e.g principal or head of department/Faculty).
- A Master degree in curriculum development and planning or education and administration will be an advantage.
- Have an internationally recognised teaching qualification
- Have significant experience in the British curriculum
- Demonstrate leadership Skills
- Should have worked in an International School
- Should understand how to work with other cultures
- Be able to train teachers
- Be self confident
- Have a pleasant disposition
- Potentially, be a role model for students and staff
- Be computer literate
Experience as a secondary school principal will be an added advantage.