Michael Stevens Consulting, a well known consulting practice with first class strategic alliances. We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Reports to: Plant Manager
Direct report to him/her: Operators on the field (team to be consolidated)
- Role model to his co-workers by complying with company policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to safety.
- Attends regular briefings on safety with the deputy and work force.
- Knows the company’s safety goals and expectations.
Mining Production Functions:
- Prepare production schedule for shifts while ensuring they do well receive all the needed information regarding the target and the means
- Prepare monthly production forecast based on kiln daily/weekly plan and/or commercial plan
- Optimise the utilisation of the installations and equipments
- Make proposal regarding the needed investments and justify them on the technical and economical point of view.
- Installs Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure the shifts performance
- Manages the KPI paying particular attention to trends and searching for improvement opportunities.
- Provides timely and useful reports to plant management to spot both positive and negative trends.
- Provides weekly technical report to the Plant Manager on daily "process targets parameters" follow up.
- Provides monthly technical report to the Plant Manager and CCE Technical Director
- Coordinates completion of sample
- Check the conformity of the limestone quality in regards with the physico-chemical norms requested
- Ensure the products dispatch and loading according to the transport means
- Check the expeditions in terms of quality and quantity and ensure their record in the accountancy system
- Assists management in developing training programs for operating personnel
- Defines training program for operating personnel
Budget and Capital Improvements:
- Producing the needed quantity in the needed quality according to customer requests (either internal customer like the plants, either external customers)
- Ensuring the optimal running of the installations
- Continuously improving the installations
Basic Requirements: (Education, Level of Experience, Language)
- Engineering Degree (mining or geological)
- At least 8 years of professional experience in mining production
- Understanding of quarry exploitation : experience in a quarry is real plus
- Written and spoken English
Needed Knowledges: (Technical knowledge required by the position)
- Knowledge in mining and drilling
- Basic Knowledge in preventive maintenance
Needed Skills: (Soft skills required by the position as People management, analytical skills, problem solving,...)
- Leadership - People Management
- Team Work & Cooperation
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Analytical skills
- Result oriented
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.