Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 16 November, 2015
Deadline: 27 November, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Supports the Nigeria delegation on maps production, geo-data analysis and implementation of geospatial projects.
- Enters geo-data information in the database and produces maps
- Updates Water and Habitat projects database and mapping activities that will facilitate better program management within the Water and Habitat department.
- Creates and updates the maps library of the delegation with the ICRC and the external source maps
- Trains/coaches ICRC staff on the preparation of data to be processed with the GIS, on utilisation of GPS, Geoportal, and other GIS tools
- Links with external institutions or units in charge of producing reference maps
- Proposes, designs and creates other GIS related project
- Bachelor Degree, some college coursework completed, an Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in architecture, IT, engineering, geography or any related field
- Additional vocational training in GIS systems, IT or similar field
- 4-6 years of experience in GIS system management or similar position
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Expert level in computer skills
- Very good database managements skills.
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of the geographical assigned environment
- Willingness of self-education, particularly in GIS, Web Mapping and IT tools.
- Confirmed capacity to work independently and autonomously
- Very good assessment, analysis and synthesis skills.
- High capacity to work in a team.
- High motivation and proactivity, taking responsibility
- Good Planning and Organization skills
- Capacity to train others in GIS
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “GIS Operator" as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 27.11.2015, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Officer, Village Health Worker (Gates Project) at Society For Family Health (SFH)
- Youth Data Reporters at Education as a Vaccine
- Finance and Administration Directors at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Logistics Advisor, Public Health at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Graduate Procurement and Supply Management Advisor (NSCIP) at USAID Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at EngenderHealth
- Procurement & Logistics Assistants at Creative Associates International