GE Nigeria works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Director will act as the daily functional manager of GE’s Security & Crisis Management (SCM) team across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).GE’s SCM strategy is risk-based and relies on the proactive mitigation of security threats with particular emphasis on the use of security intelligence and trend analysis. The function’s primary goal is to serve as a business enabler, even in high-risk areas.
- Oversight of journey management and executive protection programs;
- Design and implementation of security awareness programs for all GE employees in SSA;
- Drive operational excellence with the SCM team and site security leaders in the implementation of facilities security plans;
- Ensure SSA-wide crisis management and business continuity programs are regularly updated, drilled, and aligned to global GE standards;
- Maintain emergency response and evacuation plans and associated training for employees and sites across SSA;
- Continuously build the expertise and operational standards of the Regional Operations Center;
- Provide regular mentorship to the Regional Security Directors in terms of security expertise and professional development;
- Assist in identification of emerging threats to GE operations and development of appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Serve as a key interlocutor with local security companies in terms of contract negotiations and in guaranteeing their provision of high-quality services to GE;
- Develop and sustain relationships with key SSA government and private sector security experts.
- Oral and written fluency in English is required; conversational fluency in a 2nd language – particularly French or Portuguese – is also required;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; master’s degree preferred. While traditional security-related academic qualifications are valued, consideration will also be given to those with backgrounds in law, compliance, risk management and other related fields;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in law enforcement, intelligence, security operations, or related fields on behalf of government agencies or large multinational corporations;
- Extensive experience in managing and conducting international security operations including physical security, facilities security, investigations, personal protection and crisis management;
- Significant operational experience in sub-Saharan Africa and an understanding and appreciation of regional politics, cultures, government structures, and development challenges;
- Significant training and real world experience in the management of kidnap and recovery (K&R) operations;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver results in difficult operational environments;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Job Segments: Operations Manager, Manager, Operations, Security, Risk Management, Management, Finance
go to method of application »
The Assistant Contract Performance Manager will be measured on his customer relationship and the ability to produce financial and operating results for the Contractual Service business, and will be required to work independently to manage long-term service agreements. The successful candidate will establish a working relationship with the customer and be responsible for delivering high quality customer solutions including new products, outage planning, parts, services and
The Assistant CPM will serve as the initial point of contact for matters relating to the CSA Agreement and will deliver all aspects of Contractual fulfillment in a timely and quality manner, as well as work for sustained growth opportunities through demonstration as a customer fulfillment agent. The Assistant CPM’s duties will include performing and/or supervising the following but not limited to:
- Develop an agreed upon operating plan with the Customer.
- Develop and maintain administration, EHS, quality, maintenance and engineering policies, procedures and filing systems necessary to execute this Agreement.
- Generate recommendations on maintenance activities, documentation requirements, work schedules, methodologies and practices for the Covered Units.
- Review on an annual basis with the Customer the Routine and Preventative Maintenance activities which will be carried out by the Customer’s staff.
- Coordinate the delivery and storage of spare Parts under this Agreement.
- Assist Customer’s operation & maintenance staff in monitoring the Covered Units’ performance and recommend actions to improve output, availability and heat rate.
- Report on any technical developments, improvements or TIL’s, which become available to enhance the Covered Units’ performance.
- Develop strategies to ensure Reliability Guarantee is met.
- Analyze with Customer gas turbine and compressor unit trips and make recommendations to prevent similar occurrences.
- Be responsible for instituting or developing training programs to facilitate technological transfer to Customer's personnel.
- Interface with ITO and Risk teams for new customer opportunities
- Execute contracts to achieve Financial Operating Plan
- Order / track / validate Billing for major / minor maintenance parts and services requested by the customer
- Margin Review data collection and reconciliation
- Provide information and drive sales regarding the latest advancements in conversion, modification, & upgrade opportunities to owner & as well as other up selling opportunities
- Maintain unit operating history & parts life history on commercially available software
- Maintain record of parts (by model & serial number) currently installed in each unit
- Develop regular sales op plan for the contract
- Support customer in forced, unplanned and planned unit outages
- Degree in Engineering or Equivalent.
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5-8 years GE (or equivalent) experience preferably as a Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor.
- Prior knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors will be an added advantage.
- Prior Knowledge and hands on experience in executing major long term service contract will be added advantage.
- Good communication skill is essential… Should be able to work effectively internally and externally.
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers.
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities. Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Continuous improvement mind set, Lean outage excellence. Six sigma Greenbelt certified.
Job Segments: Engineer, Environmental Health & Safety, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Energy, Engineering, Healthcare, Management
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candindates should visit GE Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale