The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Sales is responsible for sales and marketing of trucks branded Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack and UD worldwide. Volvo Group Trucks Sales is also responsible for the joint venture relationship between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. With Volvo Group Trucks Sales you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Auto req ID: 55082BR
Functional Area: Sales
Entity: Group Trucks Sales
Employment/Assignment Type: Regular
- Volvo Group North West Africa forms part of the EMA (Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa) Group Trucks Sales (GTS) organization and is responsible for truck sales and aftermarket operations for Volvo Trucks, UD Trucks, Mack Trucks and Renault Trucks within North West Africa.
- The service network is built on wholly owned Truck Centers and independent partners in North Africa and private importers in the rest of the countries.
- We are currently looking to recruit a suitable candidate located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The main purpose of the job is: To be the owner of commercial truck sales activities in the importer markets network within the area of responsibility, to secure market development, market position, and to ensure the optimal short and long term business sales results for the assigned markets.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Importer Market Director, North West Africa and the successful candidates will be situated in the respective markets.
- To drive the implementation of the sales plan throughout the markets network, within the area of responsibility, in a structured and focused manner; and to ensure that regular measurement, corrective action and feedback are maintained, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- To ensure a competent and professional sales force at importer level, through input to the competence development department on sales development
- To ensure good corporate governance in the markets network, by implementing and monitoring relevant policies, procedures and processes
- To accurately report against sales targets, and take corrective action as and when required
- To manage and control the operational expense budget for his/her area of responsibility, through monthly reporting
- To optimize profitability through management of the sales channels and segments in his/her area of responsibility
- To manage the activity pipeline within his/her area to ensure sufficient activity of the importer sales force with customers to support the monthly forecast and target
- To ensure the importer network submits their monthly forecast timeously to enable effective inventory planning
- To provide accurate quotations to the markets network according to the standard cost of sales pricing and to achieve the prescribed country’s GP target
- To set importer targets to market potential and ensure the balance is maintained between vehicle segments in conjunction with the top-down business plan
- To compile the specification and request for body fitments
- To obtain shipping quotations to ensure accurate quotations to the importer network and customers
- B. degree (Sales and Marketing) or Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Technical qualification (desirable)
- Job Knowledge and Experience
Experience of the automotive industry (commercial vehicles)
- Sound knowledge of sales principles
- Technical product knowledge: commercial vehicles
- Import and export processes
- 3 - 5 years sales experience, preferably in an export environment
Job Related Skills:
- Computer literacy: MS Office suite
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Organizing and planning
- Problem solving
- Effective communication (verbal and written)
- Well-developed inter personal skills
- Language proficiency in English, French and/or Portugese (advantage)
- Business acumen
- Ambitious of learning about Africa in order to support Volvo Group business growth
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work in and adapt to a multi-cultural working environment
- Proactive and pragmatic approach
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Volvo Group Career Page on BrassRing
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.