We're passionate about teaming up with entrepreneurs to help them build sustainable breakout businesses. We are organized by industry group and match our entrepreneurs with the right technical expertise and funding.
The role of the Technical Service Specialist is to provide professional service and support for customers by performing field service installation, startup, repairs and maintenance of Analytical Instruments. The Technical Service Specialist will work within the guidelines, established by the Director of Service & Manufacturing, and will follow the established procedures of the organisation.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following: Installation- technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel or contractor Startup- Customer pre-consultation, site readiness preparation, startup monitoring, assist and train Equipment Maintenance –perform routine maintenance on equipment Repairs – repairing machines and systems, including rebuilds Troubleshooting-determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy the problem Equipment selection-determining correct tools and equipment required to perform the job Record Activity – complete service reports, record repairs, warranty and maintenance performed.
- Responsible for installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repair as necessary.
- “Hands on” experience with Gas and Liquid Chromatographs, AA/ICP/ICPMS , Spectrophotomers , thermal Analyzers and others.
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment.
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance.
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for startup or service.
- Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to company standards on proper operation of their equipment.
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support.
- Work with engineering, project management, spare parts and management groups to resolve escalated problems.
- Provide written service & expense reports to Director of Service & Manufacturing on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair.
- Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and/or equipment operators.
- Work closely with the Director of Service & Manufacturing and service coordinator to ensure site work is carried out in the required order, for completion by the required timeline.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site and in the manufacturing facility and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to the Director of Service & Manufacturing or HR.
- Ensure all materials, tools and equipment provided to you, are kept safe, and secure. Ensure all are calibrated in good working order to company requirements.
- Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or the company manufacturing facility.
- Assist the parts department with recommended spare parts and wear parts to existing and new customers.
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Supports initiatives that ensure product profitability.
- Achieves product growth targets in the assigned geography or account base.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
Full-time role reporting directly to the head of the Oil/Gas division of NoemDek Ltd. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Minimum of a Bsc. degree
- Experience of 3-5 years in the field of Analytical Instruments.
- Leadership, process management, relationship development, negotiations, communication, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word required.
- Proven success managing complex projects on-time and working in cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills required. Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines with available resources.
The Technical Sales Specialist is required to acquire new clients or customer for the sales of assigned products. The Technical Sales Specialist maintains and expands relationships with existing customers by directing and supporting collaborative sales efforts to grow one or more assigned product lines. The Technical Sales Specialist closes on qualified opportunities referred to by the Business development team and technical service specialist while actively collaborating with the team members. The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for achieving sales quota in the assigned product lines and for supporting the product-line success of an assigned team of sales associates.
Our Analytical Products portfolio include but not limited to ; Gas and Liquid Chromatographs , AA/ICP/ICPMS , Spectrophotomers , thermal Analyzers and others
- Supports the success of an assigned team of salespeople, including Business Development Manager and other Sales Representatives.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines.
- Provides coaching and professional development to other team-member in order to enhance their product knowledge and sales skills.
- Lead demand-generating marketing activities in the assigned market for the assigned product specialty.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts. · Coordinate the customer involvement of other company personnel when needed,
- Prepare and perform technical support of sales presentations.
- Develop relationships with customers.
- Assist customers with technical product support.
- Support sales with technical difficulties.
- Minimum of a Bsc. degree in Chemistry
- Experience of 3-5 years in the field of Analytical Instruments
- Leadership, process management, relationship development, negotiations, communication, customer service and analysis
- Proficiency in Excel, Word required