Career Opportunity at Edufrica
Posted on: 15 November, 2015
Deadline: 15 November, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Edufrica
Edufrica is an education multimedia startup looking for a young and motivated individual to create engaging social content for our various platforms. The ideal candidate should be resident in Nigeria, culturally literate, a team player and a self-starter. The job is flexible, which means you can work from home many days in a week, provided you get the job done. The salary is competitive.
We are fun to work with! Come, do something so cool your entire village will be proud of you ;)
- Edufrica is an education multimedia startup looking for a young and motivated individual to create engaging social content for our various platforms.
- The ideal candidate should be resident in Abuja or Lagos Nigeria, culturally literate, a team player and a self-starter.
- The job is flexible, which means you can work from home many days in a week, provided you get the job done. The salary is competitive.
- We are fun to work with! Come, do something so cool your entire village will be proud of you ;)
- We want to hire you if you know how to create fun content including quizzes, stories, and social media posts. Our ideal candidate knows how to be playful but is also great at research because he/she knows being playful and accurate are not mutually exclusive.
- You don't need to have a degree in journalism. Plus, we don't care much whether you got a first class or a second class. We have seen people who don't have degrees do amazing things. We only want you to convince us that you can do the job and are hardworking.
- Please only apply if you meet the requirements. We will train you if we offer you a position but you have to convince us to trust you first. We will only contact those shortlisted for interview.
- DON'T WORRY about whether it can be done! We will provide the technology and you create the content.
- Create daily quizzes for our various channels.
- These are not traditional quizzes.
- They are smart, funny, and meaningful
- Creatively bring fresh ideas to common events.
- This is a youth-focused publication and your content must reflect that
- Work with our team in developing content
- Update our social media channels with content he/she creates, and join conversations on our behalf as needed
- Curate social media content for our various channels.
- These include debates on Twitter and memes
- Be a self-starter.
- We are all busy and don’t expect to tell anyone to do their job
- Be a creative thinker
- Be a fast learner - must be demonstrated
- Have a good knowledge of social media and memes
- Demonstrated skills in creating interesting quizzes
- Have a solid understanding of the English language grammar
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadline in a fast paced environment
- B.Sc/BA/OND/HND in one of the following: Psychology, Theatre/Performing Arts, English language, English literature, Mass communication, etc. We don’t care much about your degree but we do care about your competence.
- Previous experience not necessarily required but must be able to prove competency
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Edufrica's Google Form and apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about EdufricaSimilar Jobs
- Cake Decorators at MediaVision Limited
- Marketing Intelligence & Operations Executives at Terragon Group
- BBC News Group Recruitment for International Hub Bureau Managers
- iROKOtv Massive Recruitment for Offline Sales Agents
- Offline Sales Agent at Iroko Partners
- Web and Mobile Development Interns at Paruto
- Senior HR Manager at IROKO Partners
- Multichoice Nigeria Recruiting for Manager: Terrestrial Operations