ESAfrica provides a professional international recruitment and evaluation service to all industry sectors.
Our client is a startup premium Lingerie retail store with offices in Abuja and Enugu. As part of efforts to launch its operation in these two regions, the client is currently seeking a talented Retail Store Manager with experience in the inner wear/fashion market in Nigeria. The role will be based in Abuja with oversight for both Abuja and Enugu stores.
The RSM is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations and profitability of the stores. She/he will serve customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff and financial management.
Retail Store Manager Job Duties:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Preparing promotional materials and displays
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
- Proven successful experience in store management
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- People and customer management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Proficiency with retail EDI management and transactions
Method of Application
Remuneration: Highly Attractive
To Apply: Forward updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.