Ascentech Services Ltd acts as a gateway to provide a wide range of recruitment and selection services to companies. We are a dedicated team of professional consultants offering top of the line executive recruitment and selection services.
One of our employers in the FMCG industry is seeking to hire a store manager for their office in Ibadan who will be responsible for handling availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts and maintaining inventories.
The candidate will be reporting to the Chief Accountant of the company.
Job responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills required: Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication.
Minimum of 5 years of experience from an FMCG or Manufacturing company. Candidates should also possess a Bachelor's degree from a reputable university.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please forward CVs in PDF/Word formats only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject of mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.