Harbour Human Capital Solutions Limited was established in 2014. We provide professional Human Resources (HR) Consultancy and Manpower Services ranging from Recruitment and placement of individual candidates to fully outsourced Human Resources function.
Our team comprise a group of experienced HR professionals with more than 20 years of experience in various Industries including Oil & Gas, Banking and Manufacturing among others in Nigeria and Internationally. Our clients cover a wide range of industries from Banking, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Manufacturing and others.
Harbour Human Capital Solutions Limited on behalf of its Client, a reputable International School in Abuja, Nigeria, is currently recruiting to fill the job role of Vice Principal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of curriculum and instructional programs and practices for appropriate level. Willingness to learn budgetary and supervisory responsibilities. Skill to work with people in an effective manner. Knowledge of scheduling and supervision. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize. Ability to use data in the decision-making process.
Head of School/Principal
To assist the Head of School/Principal with administrative and instructional functions to meet the educational needs of students and carry out the mission and goals of the school and the System.
Instructional, Support, and Service Personnel assigned by the Principal.
The Elementary School Principal will report directly to the Head of the School. His/her responsibilities include the following:
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the Elementary School.
- To maintain congruency between the School’s approved mission statement and all academic activities.
- To act as the academic leader of the School, responsible for its day-to-day operation: scheduling of students, overseeing of the academic advising and counselling programs; monitoring student academic progress; address student academic emergencies; coordinating the efforts of department heads and the academic affairs committee, etc
- To observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs;
- To oversee and direct the activities of the department chairs, the sponsors of various student organizations and activities, and faculty committees.
- To make recommendations to the Head of School regarding hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty.
- To establish programs for the orientation of new teachers, for in-service training of all teachers, and for the evaluation of classroom teachers, to ensure that teachers are familiar with and adhere to School policies in all areas of the School operation.
- To conduct regular meetings with faculty and with department chairs, which will deal both with routine school matters and with the stimulating exchange of ideas on issues of educational/philosophical interest and concern.
- To oversee the coordination of the co-curricular and extra-curricular activity programs of the school; to assist in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs; to assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; to keep the entire school community informed of various school programs and activities.
- To provide for the academic guidance of students; to maintain complete academic records on all students; to oversee the grading and the reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement.
- To prepare a master school class schedule and to assign teachers and students to classes and other obligations.
- To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, discipline, teaching methods, and general school procedures.
- To assist in the admission process for the testing, interviewing, and evaluating of applicants for enrolment.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- To support the School and its leadership.
- Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Certification in Educational Leadership, School Principal or Professional School Principal, or Administration and Supervision.
- Minimum of five (5) years classroom teaching experience and three (3) years administrative experience.
Method of Application
Interesteda and suitably qualified candidates should visit Harbour Human Capital Career Page on Workable
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.