Current Recruitment at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 11 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Assist in monitoring compliance, conducting research on best practices and providing support in the implementation of regulatory prescriptions and developments.
- Monitor regulatory developments and escalate key developments as they occur to the line manager.
- Conduct periodic review of the compliance matrix for Etisalat Nigeria and update the matrix as may be required.
- Monitor and maintain a database of all Regulatory compliance issues and support efforts by Etisalat Nigeria to comply with all Regulations.
- Prepare and submit mandatory reports as required from time to time from to the industry regulator(s).
- Ensure an efficient filing system to document all regulatory compliance matters.
- Show resourcefulness and creativity in data collation and ensure relevant regulatory information and data is gathered for the use of the department
- Conduct research and prepare position papers on topical and developing regulatory issues/trends.
- Identifying benchmarks, standards, and monitoring changes in applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, related trends or International Best Practice which impact on the business activities of Etisalat.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the Manager, Compliance.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- LL.B. from a reputable university and called to the Nigerian Bar.
- One year post NYSC experience in Regulatory management in the telecommunications or FMCG industry.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, listening and learning skills.
- Strong research and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Strong work ethic with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Result-oriented, Good interpersonal skills and performance-driven.
- Ability to Multi Task and work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and personally motivated.
go to method of application »
- Provide relevant input to developing and implementing a regulatory compliance framework for Etisalat Nigeria.
- Assist in articulating regulatory compliance policy for Etisalat Nigeria and in driving organization-wide adherence.
- Advise on and monitor compliance with conditions of the Unified Service Access Licence (UASL), 3G Licence, and Nigerian Communications Act, 2003 and other applicable legislation and regulations made thereunder.
- Develop and update compliance matrix for Etisalat Nigeria to ensure that compliance roles, responsibilities and timelines are adequately communicated to the business.
- Develop processes to support the compliance with regulatory obligations as may be required from time to time.
- Escalate all potential and known regulatory violations to the Head, Regulatory Affairs.
- Liaise with relevant units/functions in ensuring adherence to compliance framework for Etisalat Nigeria.
- Provide support in filing reports and obtaining regulatory approvals for tariffs, promotions and other approval requests by Etisalat Nigeria that may be required.
- Assist in implementing the unit?s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates? performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Ensure an excellent relationship is built with mid and senior level managers across all relevant regulatory agencies.
- Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to team members on regulatory compliance issues.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Regulatory Affairs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Regulatory Affairs.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years post NYSC work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Telecom sector and current trends in the Industry.
- Good Negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and Analytical skills.
- Good Presentation & Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Etisalat's Career Page
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Etisalat NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Account Manager Job at Cisco Systems
- Fresh Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Entry-level Cashier at Doculand Business Solutions Limited
- Fresh Vacancy at Microsoft Nigeria
- Latest Job Opportunity at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Graphics Designer at a Digital Marketing Agency - Hamilton Lloyd
- Sales / Admin Career Opportunity at Sage