Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking highperforming, results-oriented professionals to serve as Research Officers in northern Nigeria.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by Palladium, in partnership with Technoserve, for the UK Department for International Development.
The Research Officer will be a part of the Results Measurement team responsible for supporting the Results Measurement team to carry out research work that may be required for the Programme’s functioning and strategy. S/he will be required to support the Intervention Managers in the measurement of their respective interventions at field level. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the programme in collecting, entering and analysing data that can inform decisions on work in various markets and interventions;
- Give weekly on-the-field advice and feedback based on the evidence gathered from the field research;
- Provide update on progress and success stories of interventions in the North;
- Support the development and execution of monitoring plans;
- Support the design of field survey tools and execute field surveys for the collection of data for various purposes;
- Collaborate with the Intervention Manager on the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to overall programme reports for the donor;
- Support programme interventions by providing on the field information about potential intervention opportunities/gaps within the various market sections;
- Provide weekly updates and plans to the Results Measurement Expert or his/her designate.
IV. Required Skills & Experience:
- A degree or similar qualification and ability to read, write and speak English fluently;
- Fluency in speaking and understanding Hausa;
- A ‘working knowledge’ or some experience in conducting field level market research;
- Experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments for monitoring programmes;
- Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel or any other data analysis tool;
- Knowledge of the institutions and organisations and/or businesses that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria and at the state level;
- Experience or knowledge of relevant northern Nigerian agricultural markets.
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- A competitive salary with benefits
The post is domiciled where the candidate lives in northern Nigeria, however the incumbent may be required to make frequent travels within Nigeria particularly to the Northern part of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in research design, analysis and reporting within the development sector.
Please send your CV (maximum of three pages), full details of two referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: email@example.com.
Full details of the post can be found on our website: www.propcommaikarfi.org.
The closing date for application is November 20, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale